PKR Eileen's knee journey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Celle, ty I thought the same about the pus. And it's very red and angry at each spot that one came thru and where you can see them trying to come out.

Right knee patellofemoral anthroplasy ( partial replacement) 14 October 2016

The weirdest ones (and painful) are the stitches that are pushing thru the scar on the side of my knee from my bone graft 14 years ago...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey all, have not been on here in awhile. Progress has been good but lately I have been having increased pain in my knee and it has started giving out on me again. I'm not due for another follow up with my OS for a month but a little concerned. I also have this bump on the bottom side of my knee that the OS said last time was probably a fat deposit but it's getting larger and hurts. Calling my OS on Tuesday ( they are closed tomorrow) but wanted to touch base here and see if anyone has delt with this. I am 5 months post op now.

Have you tried using ice to see if it gets any better? If you are exercising you might want to take off for a bit and see what happens. I hope when you talk to your OS he can reassure you.

Been icing multiple times every day and very minimal excercise. No PT just daily activity. Thank you

@Josephine
Today is a "good" day with the lump size but here is what it looks like today. It tends to get about double the size it is today.

20170220_163951.jpg

I think that's a herniation of some kind - perhaps capsule. Whatever, it's a sign of inadequate wound closure and ought to be sorted out surgically.

@Josephine, thank you. I go back to surgeon on March 3rd. Is this something that can wait until than to address or should I be calling and trying to get in sooner?

It can wait and it's very possible that your surgeon will fluff my opinion off! So be prepared!

I should also say that I've never actually seen such a thing before in a knee but it happens often in abdomens when it is called a ventral hernia.

Ok ty. My mom said it looks like a bakers cyst. All I know is that it hurts and isn't going away. I will discuss it with my OS

That's where my right knee swelled, after my revision to TKR. Initially, my surgeon thought it could be the start of an infection, but it proved not to be that and the swelling gradually went down.
I'm afraid I can't offer any explanation for it, though.

Thinking I need to call my OS about this tomorrow. I now have severe pain from my knee to my groin. Today has been a very light activity day and am in more pain than on the day I worked in the garden....

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

• Jamie
    Staff member since Feb, 2009
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Pumpkin