Guest viewing is limited

TKR DUTCH's 2nd Knee - Onward & Upward, One Day At A Time!

Progression seems to be reversing a bit. The last two weeks the flexion has been going backwards. Two weeks ago it was 136°. Last week it was down to 127°, and this week it is 123°.

Not sure why, but PT says if it continues next week, I need to see the doc. :shrug:

Onwards and upwards - sometimes quickly and sometimes slowly. :flabber:
 
I bet it has a lot to do with increased activity, DUTCH. If you are getting back to your normal activity, you may not need to continue therapy and exercises. Doing both can sometimes be a bit much and your knee will develop a little swelling.

Are you experiencing any pain?
 
A little update. The next PT had the flex down to 122°, which they did not like. They prescribed an anti-inflammatory drug called DUEXIS 2X/day. It is a mixture of 800 mg of Ibuprofen and 26.6 mg of Famotidine, aka Pepcid.

Had my next PT after three days on the DUEXIS, and the flex had increased to 128°.
Onward and upward, one day at a time! :good-bad:
 
It is a mixture of 800 mg of Ibuprofen and 26.6 mg of Famotidine, aka Pepcid.
To me that is a real joke! Admitting that NSAIDs are dangerous so putting the 'antidote' in the tablet to resolve the problem!

I think you'd get better improvement by doing less exercising!
 
I gree with Josephine.

And, with a ROM as good as you have, why are you still going to PT? Let ordinary life be your exercise.
It's time to stop measuring your ROM - doing all that measuring is only causing anxiety. In any case, what you can do with your knee is far more important than a set of numbers. Function is more important than figures.
 
Dutch,
I went from 130 to 135 about 18 months after my revision, your ROM is great, time to move on to other things.
 
I think you'd get better improvement by doing less exercising!

In actuality, reasonably increasing the exercise at home on my total trainer and recumbent bicycle has definitely helped to loosen things up and reduce the discomfort; i.e better improvement with reasonably more exercise.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I gree with Josephine.

And, with a ROM as good as you have, why are you still going to PT? Let ordinary life be your exercise.
It's time to stop measuring your ROM - doing all that measuring is only causing anxiety. In any case, what you can do with your knee is far more important than a set of numbers. Function is more important than figures.

Quite simply, the knees (plural) do not yet have enough flex and strength to do what I want and need them to do. Ergo, I'm doing what needs to be done to improve things.
 
Dutch, time to move on to other things.

Since my recovery has often not followed the gospel here and with the criticism it has received at times, you may be right; and it is probably time to move on.

Best regards and thanks to those who gave helpful suggestions along the way!
 
Sorry Dutch, I meant moving on from thinking about ROM. Wishing you all the best.
 
Sorry to see you go - I love hearing how well it can go.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
You've had a great recovery so far, DUTCH, even though you are going back and forth on your ROM a bit. After all, you're not even 2 months out yet. I'm sure there are many things you have to look forward to in terms of activity. They will come. How about telling those who are enjoying your story some of the things your ARE able to do at this early stage that are indicating progress?

I'm sure you know the recovery journey is not a linear one and there will be ups and downs. I have no doubt that you're going to be in great shape this time next year.
 
Back
Top Bottom