Guest viewing is limited

THR done

7 days now. Just managed 2 1/2 hours sleep sat up in bed and that's the longest so far. I 've got a cold and a nasty cough so everytime I lie down I start hacking. It will pass and I can continue with my recovery unless the wife comes back with something else from the virus store.
 
Omg @wireguy. Can’t even imagine having a cold at your stage of recovery. Do keep a close eye on it thatit doesn’t turn into something worse. Sleep is difficult enough early on without a cold.
 
Oh no.....Poor guy!
What a time to get a cold...
That was a fear of mine if I had THR in the winter months. Cough attacks with an incision
in my leg.

Consider sipping on hot tea with honey and lemon or even hot water with lemon
always seems to help me.
Warm wishes you soon feel better :mcoffee:
@wireguy
 
Sorry about your cold...pour down some OJ with calcium...that'll be good for both "ailments"
If it makes you feel any better, I got little more than 2 1/2 hrs sleep one week out without the cold! No way to get overly comfortable.
Get your naps whenever, wherever, and however you can.
Hope that cold gets out of your way soon.
 
Last edited:
How's the cold, wireguy?
How is that new hip?
First weeks are the toughest.
Hope you are taking it slow and easy.
Alot of trauma getting that new tie rod and ball joint in there.
Guessing maybe you have been for post op appointment? Post when you are up to it and let us know how much fun you are having..:umm:
It does get better!
 
staples removed this morning, no problem and the wound is nice and clean.I still have the cold but it is nowhere near as bad, I was having to wrap my arms around my chest to stop my ribs moving when I coughed.All in the past now though and apart from an ache at the wound site things seem to be moving along nicely
regards Mick
 
Good report @wireguy. Glad the cold is easing up. Seems like cold and flu season horrible everywhere this year.
 
Ugh! I hate that, you poor guy.
That and the colds that can give you headache you've coughed so much.
Great news on the incision. It sounds as though you're doing really well at only 10 days post op.
Keep up the good work!
@wireguy
 
I slept in a recliner the first week home with a walker within reach. Slept in bed on my back afterwards with a pillow under my knees. Ditched the knee pillow after several weeks.

Good luck! Be patient.
 
Sounds like you've got this recovery business worked out. The patience thing is the hardest part.
Have you seen post op X-ray's?
Was very strange to me that it didn't feel more foreign...
Just feels like good hips, Yay!
 
In on the 17th 06.30, out today 18th at 1500 with a brand new left hip in titanium and plastic, so now I have scrap value.Hurting a bit now, a lot more than this morning but hey ho the recovery starts here.
Mick

Wow- out on 18th! That’s fast
 
4 weeks today and all looking good despite falling a couple of days ago due to some dodgy chair raisers. No crutches inside and 1 outside just in case. All bruising gone and wound healed . Sleeping on non operated side without pillows and had 10 minutes on the exercise bike today. The wound is a bit hard and lumpy, will massaging it make any real difference ?
 
Hi @wireguy sounds like your recovery is going very well despite the fall!!

I found massaging my scar with bio oil really helps. Started doing once the staples were out and scar fully healed. It’s totally flat now.
 
It's a good day! Congratulations soon you will be back in business as usual! Sending healing wishes your way!:yahoo:
 
Glad no damage from fall. That is one of my fears. Sounds like mobility is good. I never really did massage with first hip and scar is ok. May try @Jackie222 advice with new one. Since I have no staples, just glue, don’t know how different it will be.

Best of luck with continued recovery. Moving along at good pace.
 
Congrats on 4 weeks. Falling? :yikes: How scary that must have been! Glad you're okay.
I gently massaged my incision once completely closed using Palmer's Cocoa Butter Creme with Vitamin E.
You seem to be doing great. keep up the good work.
A great Thursday to you!
@wireguy
 
No falling allowed @wireguy.
You sound right on track.
After a few months I rubbed some coconut oil on my scars...not sure it does much. Those internal incisions are going to take a bit to heal and hopefully smooth out on their own. I have mine posted at 6 months out and they were pretty gnarly beforehand but are pretty smooth now.
Great to hear from you!
Be patient, by this summer you will be golden!
 
Last edited:
7 months now and apart from a twinge in the joint when I twist it the wrong way all is well.Might be time to look at the other one
regards Mick
 
If the other hip is complaining (in my experience) time to get it done. Getting a hip replaced early - before you are having mobility issues, means an easier recovery.
 
:wave:@wireguy
Thought you rode off into the sunset ...
Had so much fun the first time you decided to come back and rejoin the recovery crew:heehee:

Glad first one is mostly all good...I saw improvement even though pretty good...up to year and even now.
Amazing how much better you get when you can actually Walk.
Sorry to hear you probably have one to go...last one though!

Good to hear update:)
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom