Guest viewing is limited

THR Done and dusted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks @Jaycey. I need to stop avoiding the OS but I dread the thought of the second hip but I will do it tomorrow.
 
I dreaded the second hip as well. But it was SO much easier to recover because I didn't limp around for months pre-op. Yes, I hated the thought of another surgery - but I don't regret my RTHR.
 
I hope so. It makes sense it should be easier. I'm still fairly mobile and don't take daily painkillers so I'm not sure I would meet the criteria yet although it is a case of when and not if!
 
Glad you are holding up well @NoraJ
Hope you can get that back pain sorted...could it be linked to the bad hip? Take care...Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm not sure I would meet the criteria yet although it is a case of when and not if!
If your surgeon confirms via your x-ray that the hip will need replacing push for an ASAP date. My surgeon asked if I wanted to go away and think about RTHR. I said nope - let's get it done!
 
I finally scheduled my follow up appointment with my OS and went about two weeks ago. So my left hip is holding up... Plenty of arthritis in the joint but not at a point that warrants a replacement yet. I have to say I was relieved! I'm not ready to face into another option just yet. The news was not so good on the pain front. The pain I experience appears to be coming from my back. I may try some more Physio and if no joy relief I can get another MRI and an injection.

I use over the counter pain relief some days but mainly avoid standing which is the most painful activity??? But I was working one weekend and over the course of one day did 13000 steps and I felt OK...so generally I am moving well and walking isn't a problem.

I am off to Chicago for a little break in a few weeks and I fell happy to manage the luggage and airport walking and standing so all good. I am looking forward to some good shopping!!!!

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk
 
Glad you can put the op off for the time me being @NoraJ
I'm in very much the same situation.....good news you can get about without too much pain but that back pain....ouch! Trouble is...it's all linked & you never know exactly where the pain emanates from. Enjoy Chicago....the Windy City! Love Chrissie x


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Hoppy Nanny . I figure too it's all linked and hope at some point I will have some relief.

I'll see how the airport and travelling goes and hopefully all will be good!

Sent from my HP 8 G2 using Tapatalk
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom