Does anyone out there these have these symptoms and concerns?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I'm back again on pre-op side, but only for a week as I am getting my left hip replaced on Monday, October 5th. Excited, nervous, anxious to get this done and start living my life again. Recovery from my right hip replacement in March 2015 went very well and continues to go well. One week from today I will be posting from the post-op side again, this time with two new hips!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I bet you are feeling all those emotions @DebraR
You know the system and how it works with the op & that's both comforting & scary!! So glad your other hip is going great & hoping you have an equally good recovery for hip number 2.
Best of luck for Monday, 5th.....Chrissie xxx


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@DebraR You are amazing - hip number two - all raring to go. Best wishes for your next op. By the time 2015 is over you will be 'as good as new"!
 
Thanks @hoppynanny and @copsham will post after this op on the same recovery thread that I used for the first time (hope that's okay?)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Well here it is Friday and my left hip surgery is Monday. A few days ago, I started to get a rash on my tummy, just above my belly button. It is so itchy!!!! I have been putting prescribed cortisone cream on it (I've had this rash before, it comes and goes). Does anyone think I should call mr surgeon about this? I think I remember asking her last time if it would be a problem if I had a rash and I told her I get them now and then, and she said as long as it's not on the place where the incision will be then there's no problem. My. hip is so painful right now that I don't know what I would do if they said they had to postpone the surgery because of it. Anyone have a similar situation?


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I would call the surgeon just so you don't worry about it all weekend. I have seborrhea dermatitis that flares up only under extreme stress and has been well controlled for many years with almost no breakouts but when I had my first hip replaced in early September, I broke out on my face and chest and it took me totally off-guard. I'm using a cortisone prescription to clear it up.

All the best for a smooth & successful surgery on Monday!
 
as long as it's not on the place where the incision will be then there's no problem
I would think this is the case but if you are the least bit worried do give your surgeon's office or the hospital a call.
 
Thanks, I have left a message with the surgeon's office, if they don't call back, I will just mention it on Monday when I get to the hospital.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I just signed out of my work computer and my nerves kicked in immediately. I am so nervous for Monday!!! It's crazy because I've been through this before and know what to expect, etc. It's going to be a long, long weekend of being extremely anxious. Keep thinking something will derail the surgery too, so I'm nervous to have it done and nervous to not have it done!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thinking of you, waiting for your op, truly the hardest time. I remember being really cut off, I was going round saying "Isn't it strange I feel fine" in a shaky, nervous voice! No words will help you feel all right but hope the weekend goes zooming by.

I bought tickets to see the Cirque de Soleil the day before my op. i thought it would be a good distraction but I didn't even get there, gave the tickets away.
We are all behind you and thinking of you. As my surgeon says annoyingly many times "you will be fine" - can't stand that phrase. X
 
Thanks, copsham the intellect and the emotions sometimes don't mesh and this is one of those times. Intellectually, you know you'll be fine, but emotionally, you're not so sure. I will be doing my "nesting" thing this weekend, getting everything ready for Monday. Once it's done and I'm back home, things will be just fine (she says intellectually!!)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Intellectually, you know you'll be fine, but emotionally, you're not so sure.
I felt exactly the same before my RTHR! Even though I had been through hip number 1 and I am on the board telling everyone they will be fine on a daily basis! Keep busy, keep coming here and posting. It's the waiting that drives you crazy!
 
It's comforting to know that others have felt this same way. More waiting-waiting for the recliner to be delivered!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Wishing you all the best for Monday...do hope the weekend goes quickly for you. X


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hospital just called, I am the 3rd case tomorrow, surgery is at 12:52pm. Wonder why it couldn't be at 12:48 or even 12:50pm?? Lol


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom