THR Dislocation after 2 months post-op

Oh my stars, @annie57
I hate that this happened to you, but seriously what were you thinking? That pose screams dislocation to me.:flabber:
I'm very happy you came back on forum...and I am not in any way trying to make you feel awkward, I just hurt for you when I see that pose.:console2:
I'm guessing that they xrayed and have confidence in the implant?
Are you doing okay since this happened?
Please do let us know how you are proceeding with recovery.
We DO care!
 
By the by..I too have a long history of learning things the hard way...
:console2:
 
Oh goodness. You poor thing! I can’t imagine that. Good that it was popped back in but what a thing to go through.... I guess you are now rethinking yoga!!

All best wishes for your continued safe recovery!

sG
 
Oh oh oh! How awful. I’m glad you are now recovering well again. I hope everything is very firmly back in place.

Thanks for posting. It’s a helpful reminder, I’m just over 2 months out and there is such a temptation to try things. As you say, go slow, think twice, and then think some more.
 
Annie, you know how to do it up big....girl! :curtsey:
That was horrific to read, must have been like a nightmare.
So very happy you're on the mend.
All I can say now is BEHAVE yourself.:old: It was nice to hear from you again, too bad it was under these circumstances though.

Hope you have a great weekend!
@annie57
 
Sad to hear you had the dreaded dislocation especially from Yoga. I fully understand the pain threshold deal and I did my share of overdoing during recovery. I have been in the same boat with wood, I'm working up wood that was dropped right after I had my THR. I've also got land that I just had logged and there's an incredible amount of wood to work over there. I can tell you that my hip does not like chainsaws, weedeaters,ladders and heavy pieces of log.
Welcome to the new normal! My frustrations of not being able to do what I used to do is an everyday struggle. The acceptance is the hard part.
 
Hope today is a Good Day!:SUNsmile:
 
Sad to hear you had the dreaded dislocation especially from Yoga. I fully understand the pain threshold deal and I did my share of overdoing during recovery. I have been in the same boat with wood, I'm working up wood that was dropped right after I had my THR. I've also got land that I just had logged and there's an incredible amount of wood to work over there. I can tell you that my hip does not like chainsaws, weedeaters,ladders and heavy pieces of log.
Welcome to the new normal! My frustrations of not being able to do what I used to do is an everyday struggle. The acceptance is the hard part.

@Eman85 I am feeling frustrated too. I am trying so hard to get back to normality but the stiffness and not feeling quite right is driving me nuts. Anyway this is Annie’s thread so just to say that I found her report very scary and very real. And a warning to us all! Thanks Annie for posting so frankly.
 
@annie57 Oh my gosh that sounds like the worst! I was just wondering about returning to yoga and so happy I read this before absent-mindedly dropping into a squat! I hope you are recovered with no problems.
 
Happy Four Month Anniversary to Lefty.
I hope you're doing alright.
Leave an update next time you stop by. We'd love to know how you're doing.
Happy Spring! :flwrysmile:
@annie57
 
Hey ya'll!! Don't have a pic of me working, moving a couple of 20' raised beds and their horsey manure (composted) soil but got this on tomato cage making day at Ag Extension Agency last week. I'm the one in the camos with electric reciprocating.

I followed exactly what docs said. Exactly. As I did before I got the notion that I was healed and let that simmer for 30 seconds before acting on it. Stupidity happens fast. Don't do it. Impulsivity s*cks.

Of course, then, I dropped two Poplar trees of some size, two weeks ago; my son had to come get the one that fell over in neighbor's yard; fortunately it hit nothing and also, blessedly, my neighbor has a sense of humor since he used to work for a logging company. So got my boy and his truck and trailer to get that monster tree out of that hole in which I dropped it. We bucked it up and he hauled. Bless his heart.

The other one I placed properly and was heading out door with a Fiskar's splitting maul. Uh, I was in a hurry and the butt of the axe stuck in door frame and the head of axe stayed in door frame with me holding it at rib height but I went couple feet out the door. I came back in dayum quick. Kinda jettisoned back in by ribs. GEEZ! So, I only have intercostal muscle sprain or bruising. I had to beg my doc to use the new X-ray mini-department they just got--I could NOT go back to ER.

Yesterday, 8 MA Gardeners and I worked for 6 hours, haulin' butt, digging up perennial flower and herb plants from my old house-homestead. I'm donating them to the plant sale. We go into schools and have flower/tree Serenity beds, areas, at Hospice and at our local Oncology hospital, along with all of the Joara sites--Joara is the oldest and one of the largest Native American (Cherokee)-Spanish Settlement in Northern Hemisphere. I know the Berry family well, so it's an honor to plant stuff like 3 Sisters and old timey stuff--we're taking some Money Plants over there for flowers and ole timey false Hollyhock today--I'm Cherokee so . . .

THANK YOU ALL!!

It's all good: just don't be stupid. My ribs also second that emotion, even if they not fractured. :good-bad:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Dislocation after 2 months post-op
    Ann and Susan MA Gardeners.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 230
Thanks for the update, Annie.
You have a lot going on. Please take it slow and stay safe.
At only four months post op, there is still healing to happen.
Happy Spring! :flwrysmile:
@annie57
 
Back
Top Bottom