• RATE YOUR SURGEON ON OUR NEW JOINT SURGEON LOCATOR

Your opinion matters so please click on this announcement to find out how to rate the surgeons you have worked with

You could also go to the Surgeon Locator via the blue nav bar at the top - find the tab "Surgeon Locator"

Diane's Knee Quest finally the real deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

sistersinhim

Country
United States United States
Isn't it ridiculous! Be prepared, some of them will treat you like a child. Marilyn was there and couldn't believe it!

mamazipp

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
I didn't know anything about Bonesmart in the hospital. I was tortured there and in rehab. At least you are armed with knowledge, and can't be intimidated.

OP
OP
dianehelen

dianehelen

supremo
Country
And I am so very grateful I found bonesmart 2 years ago after my hip, but knew right where to come back to for this knee.

So, update on the car crisis to get home. I forget who mentioned this, but someone suggested to incline the seat back to give me extra room to get in. After trying the trash bag slide in the back of the santa fe, it was a no go. Too high to position myself to slide, and even when struggling to, there is an uncomfortable hump sorta mid seat. So back to my Oddesy, inclined my passenger seat, and I am able to get in the front seat with very little bending of my left knee. It has to bend some, but hopefully I'll be well drugged to make the 30 minute trip home. So that's the plan , hope it works. Thank you to whoever suggested it.

Plan B is just strap me to the top like luggage or deer.

mamazipp

graduate
Country
Canada Canada
With enough drugs they can shove you into the trunk and you'll be feeling no pain. Your hair will get too messy on top of the car!
I'm sitting in my car parked at rehearsal with ice pack on my knee. Drove in with it. It's about a 35 minute drive. It will be crowded and stressful. Also took 1/2 of an oxy plus Tylenol to ensure I can tolerate it. I love ice.
Seriously I'm glad you got the car thing figured out. It's important.

uva55

post-grad
Country
Wow @dianehelen you have thought of every possible scenario that can happen with your knee, lol

Is your poor husband banging his head on the wall yet??? He shares his Oxy with you, you better share your Zanax with him.:bricks:

I could actually picture you running from car to car and sliding in every which way...I thought I was prepared for my surgery...NOT... After reading everything you have done I realize I was flying by the seat of my pants:rolleyes:

OP
OP
dianehelen

dianehelen

supremo
Country
Ya @uva55 I'm manic obsessive. My husband is doing his best to cope with me. He doesn't take xanax, and he didnt "share" his oxy , it was more like I commandeered them FROM him :rofsign:he is more of an ummm herbal relaxer type, :thumb:

I was kinda stressing with the car home thing but I think we have it covered for now.

Just did my laundry for what I will sleep in tomorrow & what I will wear to go. They are now in vacuum sealed bags to stay freshly cleaned (manic obsessive)

He is really doing fine, im so thankful for him, seriously.

uva55

post-grad
Country
Your hubby is a keeper, just like mine, we are very blessed!!!

LoveGiants

graduate
Country
I have a car that is super easy to get in and out of, but some idiot hit it in the parking lot. ugh! My husband was about to take it to the body shop *before* my surgery! That would have been a disaster. I can't imagine getting in and out of the lifted Jeep post-surgery :snork:

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
I caught you before you logged off. The hospital PT the day after my surgery was already threatening me with a MUA. I would like to think it was the drugs but I just laughed in her face! Do the same thing when you hear anything you know is wrong!

Tabbycat

post-grad
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi @dianehelen
Thinking of you now the long awaited day is nearly here. Looking forward to welcoming you to recovery, but I know you already feel at home there. Anyway, hope all goes well.
Tabby xxx

sistersinhim

Country
Super short hair is good. It's going to end up sticking out all over anyway, but with it short all you have to do is wet it and comb it down. My hairdresser cut it short enough to last a couple of months. I didn't have to go back until a couple of weeks ago!
Someone a while back suggested putting a plastic shopping bag on the seat that you're getting in so you can slide easily. It makes sense to me! I have a Prius and it's not that big, but with the passenger seat back down I was able to lift myself up and the hospital helper picked up my leg for me and put it in the car. I got out the opposite way. No problem except for the bumps on the roads! I suggest to take a couple of pillows to soften those bumps.

sheliac

graduate
Country
Diane-- I owe YOU a big thanks. Your posts ask and answer most of my questions-- and as a fellow obsessive, it feels good to know I'm not the only one practicing car entry and obsessing about my surgeon being abducted by aliens.

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum

OP
OP
dianehelen

dianehelen

supremo
Country
My pleasure @sheliac we manic obsessives need to help each other out. I see you are in Columbus, are you anywhere near Westerville? My brother lived there for a few years, in the early 80's

Status
Not open for further replies.

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Dja724
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom