Guest viewing is limited

TKR Desperate for recovery advice<

I’m sorry you are going through an emotional wringer. I do agree with your reasons for cancelling, disappointing as that is.

I have read things about lateral release and it’s only a hunch that some of my issues stem from it.

I had a second opinion at 15 months post op, and another one a month before my 2 year mark. Neither doctor found anything to fix. I won’t be seeing a surgeon again now unless “something snaps.”

Best wishes to you as you seek new options. :console2:
 
thank you... and hopefully you will get some help too. if in time you need a tkr, maybe that would remedy it.
i would love to see more improvements quickly of course.. like an anti-infection prosthetic. i thought they were developing that.
 
Which insurance are you carrying now? I have to say I’m totally nauseated by what UPMC and AHN are doing to the people of Western PA. My insurance was considered the Platinum of insurances and was accepted by everyone which was great because I had my choice of doctors and hospitals. That is no longer the case. Also because these two insurances are area specific people are no longer able to go to the closest hospital. When it’s time to get my left knee replaced I’ll drive past several good hospitals to get to the one my OS has had to get privileges at to accommodate the insurance war.
 
I'm in the same boat. I have excellent insurance, Highmark, and it is sickening what's happening in PA.. I don't know what upmc's trauma care will be doing nor all those stuck in critical care that have highmark. My ortho said he has never seen such insanity anywhere in the country. Maybe when you're ready we can take a drive together!! That would be fun actually. Honestly, I wish I had had a better outcome last year with the first knee and then I would have winged it this time before the insurance expires. What a shame these politics are.
 
Back
Top Bottom