TKR Denmother's 2nd TKR

@Celle I am under close supervision by my PT. Each person progresses at a different pace. I will continue to log my journey as one of many who have their own stories to tell.
 
I got to ride my mountain bike in the dirt yesterday!!! I stuck to the Fireroads and took it easy. I did about 1 hours worth in 2 1/2 hour blocks and then iced my knee!! Woohoo!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Denmother's 2nd TKR
 
Oh man. To have trails like that without trees and rocks and roots. I hate mountain biking in Tennessee because there's no nice trails like in your picture.


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Today I am donning as "Ditch the Cane Day". I carried it with me but I have not used it today. I successfully navigated the train station and the downhill ramp. Took it cautiously and stood my ground. I have to be careful with balance since I have my backpack and my lunch pail filled with Breakfast and lunch. It's easy to get off balance, so no rushing or quick moves!
[Bonesmart.org] Denmother's 2nd TKR
 
Congrats on "ditch the cane day"!! I won't give mine up just yet, balance issues out in the big bad world. But, I'm happy for you! Take your time.
 
I had my left TKR 12/27/12 and my right one on 9/1/15. I was born knock kneed and wore my knees out at an early age. I am approaching 59 and now have straight legs for the 1st time in my life.
Hi, wow, you sound like me. My first knee surgery at age 11, I have two TKRs now and my legs are both straight for the first time in my life also! I am 59, but going to be 60 in.... (drum roll) :) 3 months.
 
@bonini I have the cane with me and will continue to lug it around for a while until I'm sure I don't need it.

And happy early birthday!!!
 
I went down the stairs today!!! Thought I would try and did 6 flights up and down without the cane!! And yes, I held on to the railing!
 
6 flights up and down?! Wow. I think it will be a long time before I am ready to challenge myself to that.
 
Interesting in the various use of a cane or crutches. I haven't used my crutches since maybe the first week. My surgeon and PT both said put them away.

I'm jealous about the going downstairs part!


TKR 08/26/15

Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I discovered that going down the stairs is easier than doing step downs at Physical Therapy as it's a different motion and takes more ROM since you are doing heel first. I'm working diligently on 2 separate single legged movements to help with this.

And I made it all day without using the cane!!! I still brought it with me to work today, but I think starting next week I will leave it in my Jeep.

Sleeping through the night is still a challenge. I had switched to taking Aleeve or Tylenol or Ibuprofen at night but it wasn't cutting it so I went back to taking 1 Hydrocodone before bed. Need to find a strong non-prescription pain reliever that will last for 7 hours.

Bought these new Birkenstocks that I wear to work every day. Very comfy and no issues with the ankle swelling.

[Bonesmart.org] Denmother's 2nd TKR
 
Finally officially done with the cane. Leaving it in my Jeep for safe keeping. Rode my bike in the dirt both Saturday and Sunday. Took it easy but I did do some climbing and descending!!!

[Bonesmart.org] Denmother's 2nd TKR
 
Rode again on Sunday and actually did some singletrack climbing and descending. Made sure to keep it light and easy. Had a blast!! Yesterday was PT and the knee was a little more swollen and sore so I did upper body and stretching only today. Every day is a bit better than the last. Today I was able to do KB swings with 30lbs and was able to kneel on the knee with the yoga mat folded up for extra protection. Hips stretches made my hips happy! And I was able to do the Elliptical for the 1st time!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Got to use my Woss Trainer today at my work gym to do my TRX squats and reverse lunges. Getting stronger and more flexible!! Glad I gave the knees a day off yesterday!

[Bonesmart.org] Denmother's 2nd TKR



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Great day today. Challenging PT session today. New exercises and 130deg flexion!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom