• REGISTER for Joint Replacement Awareness Day on May 9th, 2020!

Surgeons, patients, and other medical professionals will talk about topics you've told are important to you. You can ask questions LIVE of the participants. Please "like" and "share" our JRAD notice on your Facebook page too!

Register and learn more in this announcement:

Watch 2019 JRAD Videos

TKR Dawni has a knew knee

newlybionic

FORUM ADVISOR
Forum Advisor
Country
United States United States
Good luck at work. Be ready to do nothing else but ice and elevate when you get home. I usually have a frozen dinner or pick up something so I don't have to try to cook.

zzevi

graduate
Country
@Dawni I agree with everyone else in saying just get thru your work day and spend your evening rest, elevating and Icing. I just completely my 3 full day, had 2 full days last wk the holiday weekend and now a 4 day work week, coming home tired, but by just taking it easy I seem to recovery enough so far for the next day. Take it easy.

OP
OP
Dawni

Dawni

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi everyone well my first day back at work seemed ok I managed to sit in my office and do some paperwork for about 15 minutes other than that I have been on my feet for 9 hours I do ake a bit knee not to bad better than it was befor my TKR, I am iceing it at the moment, I forgot how very hot it gets in a kitchen (I am a chef) it can only get better. X

LTKR 11 May 2016

Floridagal

graduate
Country
"it can only get better." IT WILL! Congratulations on your first day back. Sounds like you did very well.

Tabbycat

post-grad
Country
That's a long time on your feet! Your knee held up well though. Hope it's not too sore tomorrow.

OP
OP
Dawni

Dawni

Sr Bonesmartie
Country
Hi all I would just like to say a big thank you to you all, but I must move on so have desided to leave the group, your support and kindness have been a comfort to me, I will often think of you all,I wish each and every one of you good wishes, I am now comming up for 6 months and have had a good recovery much better than I could of hoped for and a lot better than my last TKR. Night night and god bless xx

LTKR 11 May 2016

Celle

Country
New Zealand New Zealand
Sorry to see you go, Dawn, but I'm glad to hear you are moving back to real life.
Best wishes. :flwrysmile:

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
chkowalski
Recent bookmarks

Top Bottom