zauberflöte
alpha
- Joined
- Mar 8, 2013
- Messages
- 5,540
- Age
- 74
- Location
- Central Virginia
- Gender
- Female
- Country
United States
@cstinchcomb lovely for your swimming!!! Sounds like you are approaching it in a very good way.
Mr ZF told me he is trying really hard to leave the remaining scabs alone lol. Our pool used (16 years ago) to have an August membership special, so we may go with that. It's walking distance and outside, as opposed to our Y which is now about half an hour away.
The frog kick isn't comfortable on my hips (have wondered if it's a ROM issue or soft tissue!), and I haven't yet learned the kick my son used on swim team. Anyway, sadly, being in the water makes my chest feel like an elephant is sitting on it, and swimming requires better, faster, deeper breathing than my submerged asthma can provide. Or something like that. It's no fun anymore. Maybe a heated pool would be different than ocean water where 72 degrees is very warm water lol. OTOH the last time I tried was 2 years ago. Since my hips have a habit of continuous improvement, maybe I should try again. Frog kick backstroke, best of both worlds! But we aren't traveling this summer, so I have a whole nother year. My kayak is very lonesome up there....
Mr ZF told me he is trying really hard to leave the remaining scabs alone lol. Our pool used (16 years ago) to have an August membership special, so we may go with that. It's walking distance and outside, as opposed to our Y which is now about half an hour away.
The frog kick isn't comfortable on my hips (have wondered if it's a ROM issue or soft tissue!), and I haven't yet learned the kick my son used on swim team. Anyway, sadly, being in the water makes my chest feel like an elephant is sitting on it, and swimming requires better, faster, deeper breathing than my submerged asthma can provide. Or something like that. It's no fun anymore. Maybe a heated pool would be different than ocean water where 72 degrees is very warm water lol. OTOH the last time I tried was 2 years ago. Since my hips have a habit of continuous improvement, maybe I should try again. Frog kick backstroke, best of both worlds! But we aren't traveling this summer, so I have a whole nother year. My kayak is very lonesome up there....





. Thanks.
(I remembered my mask). Walked about 2.6 miles or so (I measure afterwards) on a dirt trail I normally bike on; this section is fairly flat. Tons of birds; I love watching the pelicans. That was my first walk outside my immediate neighborhood.
. So I ended up on a shorter flatter trail near a play area, which of course had ... people, which makes me nervous, and not nearly as nice a view. I found even that trail to be a little more strenuous than I had expected. Next time I'll plan better.