My advice about post TKR physio is wait. Once that knee is healed, then you can look at physio.
Hi Jaycey my surgeon didn’t come back again to see me, so I didn’t get a chance to speak to him about the flexion contracture.
He retired from this NHS hospital a while ago and works at The Spire private Hospital. He is currently helping out the NHS at the moment and was doing a clinic here when he came to see me so he must have been too busy.
I’m afraid I can’t do heel slides, I wasn’t able to do them after surgery so the physio used to put my heel on the slider and push it back and forwards for me. The physio on this ward I am on seems to think I am doing ok after the set back. He showed me how I can do heel slides sitting in the chair, and make it easier to slide by using a pillowcase under my foot on the laminate floor.
I hadn’t posted recently because I was a bit down but Carmacita asked me how I was doing so I replied to her yesterday, I don’t know if you have read my post. I have been searching the website for
scouring the site and using the search buttons to search.
Hi
@Chanel5 so pleased I have found someone in a similar situation as me to chat to and compare notes, but also sad that your are suffering like me. My clots are in both lungs as well. I am on Rivaroxaban 15 mg twice a day for 21 days and then 20mg for 6 months.
iI was bed bound for 3 days after my admission on Monday but I have had physiotherapy Thursday and Friday and doing the exercises they had shown me. No physios on over the weekend though. Why no physios in your hosptal? The ward I’m on is a cardiology ward but the physios visit any ward where they are needed.
My orthopaedic surgeon from the Spire came to see me briefly yesterday as he was helping out on the ITU ward but probably because my husband had rang him. He answered the question I wanted to know: why was my leg was so stiff even when I am now moving around, and he says it’s the anti coagulants.
I can’t believe you were without physio for 8 weeks that’s shocking, unless you were so ill to do it. I can perfectly understand where you are coming from, you are physically and mentally drained and my heart goes out to you. There is no doubt this is going to be a long hard road for us. because we are battling to get our mobiity back, but also dealing with breathlessness and exhaustion as our bodies are trying to heal from two traumas.
We are also dealing with great anxiety about our recovery and what is means long term for us, and If your like me I am constantly checking the drugs side affects in case I am developing any of them which leads to more anxiety. So I’ve decided that at least I am still alive and I am going to take one day at a time. That’s not to say I am never going to feel sorry for myself or have a good old cry or not want to get up in the morning to face the world, but I am going to try my hardest.
If you feel that your are not coping it might be a good idea to speak to your doctor because you may be suffering from depression, and that is what I intend to do if it gets too difficult for me. Take care