The doctor didn't seem concerned about the walker, nor about my having more pain than last time. He said everything looked good and to keep on doing what I had been doing. I wish DH had been there to hear him say that since I've not been doing very much. Since I discovered what a good friend prune juice can be, I'm not afraid of Percocet any more, so I'll keep taking them until the pain lets up. I'll also try some of Jo's pain cocktail when I need something, but feel I can skip the Percocet. He did mention the new joint is about 1/8 of an inch shorter (or longer -- I don't remember which) than the other. I hope that will resolve itself or at least not be noticeable. Told me I could take off the steri-strips and get rid of the white stockings. The stockings had already came off as soon as I got home from surgery. The grin he gave told me he suspected that all along. I go back in one month.
My biggest problem now is wild cats. They are choosing my bedtime (and sleeping area) to go nuts and do the tear thing -- zipping, zooming, leaping on each other and me, knocking things off tables, etc. I'm still in the recliner -- bed simply did NOT work -- so can't shut them out. Any good natural kitty tranquilizers to recommend?