TKR CorpHippie's recovery thread

I used a walker for the first 6 weeks. Now at 10 weeks I use a cane if going out for lengthy periods or where walking on less trusted paths - like slopes. I also had zero bruising and am still totally numb along the outside of my knee over quite a big area.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
@Didot that numbness has been what has freaked me out most. The PT nurse reminded me that nerves had to be severed for surgery. I’m just wondering how long this will last. Anyone know?
 
I think most people have a fear of falling---with good reason since your muscles are weak. Just move slowly. When I was about four weeks out from surgery, I had to do the flowers for a funeral at our church. I was late getting all the flowers--took me forever to make a decision, then got them in a vase and got ready to leave. To my chagriin, people were arriving nicely dressed, while I had on old jeans and a tee shirt. I tried to walk quickly down the path and tripped over a sprinkler head and just went splat in front of everyone. I was so embarrassed--and then I had to get up like a baby, putting my hands flat on the ground, getting my legs up and then swinging my body up. I slunk off as quickly as I could, but still everyone knew!!
@skigirl this would have had me in full on tears! I’m so sorry that happened to you!!
 
I had a PKR July 2014. I was numb for over a year. At the 2 to 3 year mark I would say I had about 80% of the feeling back and that is how it has stayed.
 
I hope the two are not related. I live in Florida and it is pollen season and I realize that I have a sinus infection. My knee will be 3 weeks old Thursday and I woke up with more pain than I’ve been feeling. There is no new redness or hot spots, but the pain enough that I had to really lean on the walker this morning. Is this something I should be concerned about? And I am treating the sinus infection with a Nettie pot and fresh ac filter. :)
 
@CorpHippie you will notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just give a shout.
 
I think I would call my surgeon and get his opinion about the sinus infection.

And I’m sorry you’re sick, sinus infections are awful. :console2:It just adds insult to injury this soon after your knee surgery.
 
I will give him a call. And you are right. This sucks without a doubt but at least it’s not the pain I was in 3 weeks ago! :)
 
How's it going? Has your sinus infection cleared up, and how about the pain in your knee?
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom