Guest viewing is limited

TKR Concerns LTKR<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slowly increasing the bend is the best way. That way your knee tissues can adjust without too much arguing and complaining. I also rocked back and forth on my recumbent bike for at least a week before I was able to make a backwards revolution. You should have heard my shout for joy!
 
@mechellec yes the recumbent bike was much better didn't hurt me at all, but not ready for the bike. Absolutely go slow! Good luck to you also in your recovery! It is quite a journey
 
This trip will definitely teach you patience!
 
I have to tell all of you I was elated today when I found I didn't need to move my seat to get in or out of the car!!
I didn't even realize I didn't move the seat until I got in and thought Wow! I didn't move my seat. So since I quit my PT and am trying to take it easy and not over do it, I am definately making progress! The best advice I have gotten here is don't over do it, elavate and ice, don't stress over your Rom, Have Patience:wowspring::egypdance:
 
It's those little things that happen when you don't expect them that mean so much in this recovery!
 
This heat has been kicking my butt! Been down with migraines:( Finally felt better today I really do feel like my knee is coming along quite nicely! I can feel the numbness and tightness is going away, I am a happy camper thanks to all of you:dancy::friends:
 
That is great news that the numbness and tightness are going away. Just today I was wondering how long my knee will feel tight like this! Glad your migraines are better.
 
I guess I walked too far again, my muscles in my thigh and lower leg got so tight last night. I tried to massage them but wow did they hurt! That is a huge weakness with me I start feeling pretty good then I over do it. Has anybody started yoga at the three month stage? I thought maybe it might stretch me out, but I am kinda afraid to try because my bend is not that great yet. What do you think?
 
Ouch!! Just when you think you're doing ok....Bang the knee/leg says no l'm not ready.. I don't know about yoga, I wouldn't be able to get on and off the floor lol.

A stretch my pt showed me was lean on a wall with a rolled up towel behind knee and then push the knee into the wall. The stretch feels great all the way down the leg.

I've been walking lots the last few days while away and today I've woken up sore, stiff and swollen (least I'm home now). However, I know the knee is getting better as usually I wouldn't get 4 days in a row doing extra things, as usually by the second day the knee would say... whoa lady you need to rest today.

I suffer terribly with migraines too and noticed they became worse there for a little while.. I noticed I was dropping my head looking where I was walking too much which was causing stress on my shoulders and neck. I got a massage and the knots I had were incredible in my shoulders, feel much better now and the headaches have lessened and I haven't had a migraine in a week woo hoo!!

My round about way of saying maybe a massage and looking at the way you're walking may help the migraines.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@zakmick Glad to hear you made it through your trip! Now rest up and give that great knee a break. I imagine you are quite sore. I haven't had to test mine out like you just have. Kudos to you for getting through it!
 
Wonderful news about the migraine relief. It makes sense that looking down would cause everything up there to tighten up. Massages help in so many different ways!
 
@zakmick I tried that stretch you said your PT showed you but I guess I am not doing it right :(
I guess I am going to have to go to a massage therapist to work on these muscles that are so tight. I feel like I would be able to bend more if they weren't so tight. Was down with another migraine Ugh!! This humid weather really is a trigger for them. I am feeling kinda down last couple of days. my sister said I should be able to bend my knee better that I am, that I am too stiff. Then I start wondering if I am not doing as well as I thought:( Hopefully a better day tomorrow:)
 
That's too bad about the migraines. Doesn't make any of this easier I'm sure :-(

My muscles are very tight too. I did go to a massage therapist at my chiropractors office and it really did help. I wish I could go every other day because they just tighten right back up. I can feel my big tendon on the outside of knee move whenever I walk. Never felt that before even when I had my hamstring issues before surgery.

Don't listen to your sister!!! My husband says the same thing. He will walk behind me and say "bend that leg". I want to slap him but I just keep walking :heehee:

Lately am getting more of that "log leg" feeling. It's just so tiresome feeling it so boggy, if that's even a word lol, like I'm dragging it along for the ride. I try very hard to do heel toe heel toe. Hasn't helped today that I did not sleep well last night and am just feeling icky today.

I've still got the swelling at the top of my knee and up into my thigh that feels strained when I bend it.

I trust this will all get better <sigh>
 
sorry about your migraines Cybil62. i suffer from them also but in the last couple of years i discovered that a cup of coffee stops the migraine. (i never used to drink coffee, now i make a pot every night for after dinner). i have migraine medication (in the triptan class of meds) which help but they are so expensive and leave me feeling a little drowsy; also they can cause rebound headaches.

i hope the massage helps to loosen up your muscles. take good care of yourself and try not to overdo it; just not worth it. feel better.:friends:
 
@flyaway79 I agree about wanting to slap them:) We sound like we are about the same, I am not sleeping well either and these tight muscles are awful! I am calling for a massage tomorrow. I feel like I am dragging lately, so darn tired all the time. Well we have to keep looking ahead at the end result, doesn't that sound nice:)

@liam2015 I have suffered with migraines since I was 20, I can't take the triptan meds they make me feel like I am having a heart attack:( Thank You! for the well wishes:)
 
Gahhhhh migraine here last 3 days! Just went to doc and have sinusitis. I take the rizitriptan (spelling?) but it doesn't work always. Migraines have been the bane of my existence since I first started my period at 15, they're horrid things!!!

Muscle tightness has been getting me lately too. Sorry the stretch hasn't helped, did you book that massage? And the coldness in Melbourne (winter here) is not helping.

We're a miserable lot aren't we?! I feel so tired all the time too [emoji853]We will get there, all this will be a very distant memory soon, oh boy i hope it is soon!!!!!!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've had only a couple of migraines and they are not fun. I feel for you! I pray the meds knock it out for you.

The heat is oppressive here, especially with the humidity. Too bad I can't send you some heat and you send me some cold! Then, we both would be just righ!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back
Top Bottom