High Tibial Osteotomy Concern it's not right

I'm about 9 months from my HTO and now need to schedule a TKA as it didn't turn out so well. I hope this isn't going to be the case for you too. I am also a nurse so I really feel for you working full shifts. What state are you in? There are so few doctors doing this surgery that it's hard to get a second opinion. What angle did your final correction turn out to be? I didn't even know to ask until we figured out that it was done way too big in my case.

AZrunner
 
I work in uk
It’s similar here a few dr do it based on age etc my surgeon preferred it due to age and fitness than a replacement due to they only last so many years.
What do you mean what angle did correction turn out?

Yeah being a nurse is tough I do loads on busy ward that I get home and don’t feel up to going gym but know I need to to improve muscle strength but will improve.

My dr was happy with the healing and placement just need time but I just get upset cos I want it sorted now cos still feels a struggle which is a pain saying before operation suffered for 1.5-2 yrs
 
Thanks for the support and advice people
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom