Revision THR Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…

Thank you all from the bottom of my, I can feel how much you care.

Surgery is Wednesday around noonish.
He discussed the problem with the other surgeons working in the same practice as he does and they decided the best approach is remove the femoral component and realign it. There's a nifty article in the BoneSmart library about this very dilemma. What I'm worried about is what can happen afterward

As far as the seating arrangements in my house.....
I threw my couch out last year, impossible for me to get out of.
My bed is firm and a little wider than the hospital bed. I don't sit on ANYTHING that is too low..

I am nodding out. Can't hold head up or m
Sleepy 60s it
 
Oh, my. Another surgery. I do hope this is going to help get you on the real road to recovery. Wishing you all the best for Wednesday. I'm glad it sounds like you're being kept comfortable. Hugs and prayers.
 
@danelady….I am confused as to who is going to be doing this surgery on Wednesday. Are you seeing the same surgeon who did the constrained implant? Or one of his clinical partners? Or is it a surgeon with a completely different practice?
 
I am so sorry Jamie.....I think after a good night's sleep I'll get my thoughts down in a more clear and concise manner.

Yes, same surgeon I had all last year.

Must go again... for the life of me I can't keep my eyes.
 
Danelady,
I hope you get a good nites :sleep: after all you have been through the last few days and months. Glad to hear it is the same surgeon, he knows the most about your wonky hip.:yawn::sleep:
 
Thank you!!! I'm much relieved. I believe this surgeon knows his stuff and I'm very thankful he's in the driver's seat with these recommendations. Although it's awful that you must endure another surgery, I believe that what he's proposing may help with your dislocation issues Rest now...... :sleeep:
 
While I do agree that this is unbelievable, I am glad you are able to do this with the same surgeon AND hopefully with an aftercare team who knows your history.
 
We are all here wishing and hoping things go well! Who knows maybe they will send you to the rehab place for a week or two. Wouldn't be a bad idea. It is your third home now!
 
Hoping for an easy surgery this morning.. and an easier recovery. Fingers are crossed, toes too. Then a few prayers added in!!
 
@danelady so sorry to hear of your latest dislocation but happy to hear your surgeon is on it! Hopefully you are resting comfortably after surgery today and getting some much needed sleep. Let us know how everything went when you're feeling up to it. :console2: :fingersx::praying:
 
I'm already home. Had to stay on my back for 3.5 days....was so ready to get it done with.
Surgery took about 2.5 hours. First he removed the original femoral part, being especially careful to not crack the femur....even used a sort of industrial dremel.
He put in my new femoral component and put the ball in the socket and was done.
He also moved the ring from where it was when it dislocated. You've heard the line 'jump the shark'? Well, my my femur jumped the ring and it hurt like a mother.

When I first woke up from surgery I was screaming and writhing in agony and it was in my eye!! It felt like there was a knitting needle shoved in my eyeball! I assumed a burr from the old femoral component flew up and went into my eye, so I googled 'eye injury during surgery' and learned I had a corneal abrasion, one of the most common complications in a non-ocular surgery. Hospital gave me lots of lubricants and antibiotic creams. It's all gone, but the cold air irritated it a little.
So I'm back home starting yet another recovery. Thank you for all those wonderful messages of support....sending lots of love back to you all.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
    20230126_072633.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 87
  • [Bonesmart.org] Complex surgery with revisions, infection, sepsis, and more…
    Screenshot_20230126_210141.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 89

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom