Guest viewing is limited

MUA Completed

I agree with that the high's and low's of this journey nobody understands unless they have been through it I'm all excited because I got my jeans on today my friends think I'm mad but for me it makes me feel human again. [emoji3][emoji3]


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Surgeon had given me the ok to drive and anything else that felt comfortablethe mind boggles! so went for a spin today and it felt great. Not sure I'd want to do a long journey quite yet but freedom again! Due to lots of eye surgeries last year I have been an on/off with driving so rather cherish it.

I find I get stiff as a passenger after half an hour or so and if we have an hours journey to meet friends for a meal with more sitting I really notice the increased stiffness the next day. It's such a fine balance this recovery stuff.
 
Try propping your leg up in a spare seat or on the booth beside you. It always helped me to keep the swelling down even if it's not toes above nose, it is keeping your leg from hanging down and swelling.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm glad to see someone else mention the severe tournequet pain, which is what I'm struggling with on day 2. Hiw long did yours last?

And I'm so happy your MUA went well! Yay for driving.
 
Hi Jennszoo sorry you have the tourniquet pain. From what I remember( I wish I'd kept a diary) the pain lasted about ten days and suddenly went. It wasn't nice so I do feel for you.The only bonus was that I never felt much knee pain just stiffness but that may have been I was feeling the tourniquet pain!

You are early early days please just rest take your meds and ice and elevate. It gets so much better month by month hang on in there. I now have a good knee and a crunchy painful one that pinches as it moves to remind me why I had the op.
 
Well it's a month since my MUA and all is going well. We had a lovely day out at a tulip festival the sun shone and I walked for a good couple of hours with breaks for coffee and sitting in the sun marvelling at the blooms. My new knee was ready for a raise and an ice when we got home but I'm at the point where my bad knee is the one causing the most trouble. I think I can face having my left knee done in the Autumn if it continues like this. I wouldn't have thought it could be this good a month or two ago.

So for those wondering if it will get better definitely yes it just takes its own gentle time. Patience I'm afraid.
 
What an uplifting post! It seems that you have made tremendous progress! You are an encouragement to others!
 
Happy to hear things are going so well! Good for you!
 
Well I think it's important to celebrate the good days when they come. The early days can be so hard sometimes and I think we post a lot understandably about them. I want people who are going through this to know that although it is a slow process it can also be a rewarding one.
 
@Angiebabe....you may notice that I have moved a couple of your posts from a week or so ago from another member's recovery thread here into your own. They were really off topic in his thread and are much better suited here where you are documenting your recovery journey. The posts were in regard to your use of acupuncture.
 
Jamie at times I'm at a loss to how this all works as far as I can remember ?! I thought these comments were in direct relation to a problem that person had and a suggestion of what had worked for me and maybe something that might help them. Although now they are moved I can't be exact but it would be a strange thing to introduce if it had no relevance to the problem at hand. Can't help feeling well and truly smacked and reluctant to add to the debate.
 
Don't feel upset about this, Angie. You haven't been chastised. It happens all the time. You made one post in response to the original poster - which was fine to do - and then the discussion started to focus on your post, instead of the other person's recovery. As I remember it, I was one of the offenders. Bad me!

Don't worry. That happens quite often and when it does we move the off-topic posts.
 
Celle's right, Angie. You didn't do anything wrong. The responses to your post were about you, and it got confusing to know whose thread we were reading. You can't help how people respond to a post you make. Please. Keep adding to the conversation.
 
I did it, too. This is a learning process for all of us! You are doing just fine.
 
This is absolutely not a "smack"!!! We have two goals here on BoneSmart. One is to provide a way for people to talk to each other (and to our staff) in real time about issues they are having. The second is to provide a good flow in each member's recovery journal so that later on when people come to read about a specific recovery, the posts flow well from one to another.

Off topic posts are part of a conversation and we don't get too excited about a few posts here and there. But if the conversation stays on that off topic for a while, it disrupts the flow of the other person's recovery thread. In this particular case, the opening poster hadn't come back to post at all. That always worries us a bit because we feel a new member can think all kinds of things like....maybe his problems aren't important or that no one is interested in his recovery. Of course, we don't want that!

Your posts and the ensuing conversation have value so we don't want to lose that. It's a good fit for it to be in your thread and it frees up the other member's thread to better focus on his recovery.

So, please do not think of this as a punitive action in any way. It certainly was never intended to be that.
 
@Angiebabe , I've taken many a thread off topic, not a big deal at all. Your comments and posts are important.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom