Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am from 2012 -- June 27, 2012 and Oct. 1, 2012. I was hoping to say my knees feel like normal knees but they don't. I've almost decided to try and just forget about them. I have no knee joint pain of course but I still have that tight band feeling around both knees and it's there all the time. I was hoping my brain would get use to the feeling and I would ignore it. The doctor says the X-rays shows everything is there it is suppose to be and explains it as it could be the wait it's healing. I take two Alieve a day, 2 Tylenol and 1/2 of a Tamadrol . When I do that seems like it is less noticeable. I can easily ride my bike 6-8 miles with no problem. Doctor said it would be better to ride 5 minutes a day to have to consistency of the bending. I have been going to water aerobics 2 times a week and gym once and trying to ride my outdoor bike in-between when it isn't cold. Now it is freezing in Texas so can't get out. I have a new plan for the new year. I'm dropping down to once a week for water aerobics, then doing the gym twice a week and maybe throw in a spinning class (but I won't be coming up and down on the bike) another time and as soon as it warms up here (could be any day according to the way our weather changes) will get back into my riding around the neighborhood. I just want to feel normal and quit complaint to my husband. I think they bend just fine. It is just the tight band feeling and sometimes, kind of tingling that goes down my shins. -- Thanks for listening and

Happy New Year to everyone.
 
Hello to all. I am over 2 years now (9/2011)and doing well. I DO have a somewhat bump? on the outer side of the TKR area. It is tender now and then, but the Doc doesn't seem to think it is anything to worry about. I renewed my playing tennis in the Spring of 2012 and slowly built back to my former playing ability. Good to be back here and view other people's responses to their recovery. I, too, have tried the "child's" position in Yoga, but cannot bend that far. I was under the impression, never would again? Reading other people's notes on this, seems they are pushing this position too far? Maybe not? For me, it isn't that important. So happy to have a knee that isn't in pain anymore! Oh, and a Happy New Year to everyone? :)
 
Approaching 2 yr anniversary, February 20th, 2012, of my bilateral TKR. I try to drop in and touch base, see how others are doing and mostly to remind myself of how far I've come since I was bone on bone. When I read "newbie" posts I can literally feel where they are and what they are going thru. I always make a silent wish that they will end up where we all are, no longer broken, repairing daily and moving on satisfied with our lives and our KNEES :)
 
I had Bilateral TKR last September and it was the best thing I ever did. My pain was gone from day 1 and I had a very speedy recovery (at least that what I am told, I was walking unassisted by day 6) I have a little clicking in my LT knee but otherwise all is well, just a little stiffness after sitting for a while. My range is about 128 or so. glad to join the forum.
 
I am approaching my six months anniversary, and I can truthfully say this was the best thing I have ever done. To be able to get up and down, walk fast and have no pain is such a gift. I had 141 ROM when I was last at therapy (several months ago) and I don't do any special exercises now. I still have some numbness from the nerve cut, and occasionally the nerves jump around a bit, but overall I just love being pain free!
 
That is great to hear, thanks for sharing. I am sure looking forward to saying those words 12 weeks after TKR, struggling to maintain 100 degree bend with 0 straight. Lots of stiffness right.
Great motivation!
 
Poppet, Thank you so much, because I love the hip one so much. My knees are doing great. My first in 2020 is getting better and stronger now that it doesn't have to carry all the load. The knee that was done last summer is GREAT. Its healing much faster than the first. Unfortally I am waiting for a new left hip which will be done in Feb. The other hip was done in 2011 and is doing ok but is trying to help the left one so its tender. When all done after Feb I will have four joints and done . Yes, Yes, Yes, I am so glad that everyone is doing ok and good to see some old friends coming back to say HI. Take care and lets keep moving on to the life that we so much want. And the answer is no I can't bend my leg back to my butt. But I can touch the floor bending over the front way after all the joints were put in. I have always been able to do this. Take care and do keep safe with all the weather and all the things that we aare going to try to do now that we are ready for a new life. Tashia My rom is better than 120. I don't measure my any more because I am very pleased with the bend. I do think its keeps getting better.
 
[Bonesmart.org] Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members
 
:thankyou:What a beautiful and inspiring poem, "So Ready." I see you joined in July, 2013. This was a saving grace place for me after my surgery. So many people here who helped me get through those first trying months, not knowing what to expect. So, thanks for the poem and wishes. Best to you, also for a great 2014!
 
I had both knees done (TKR). Left one on 6/12/12, right one 10/7/12. I think they are doing great. I golf, snow ski, ride a bike with no problem. I still have pain if I over do it. Usually the next day, not while doing the activety. Not enough to take any meds. My legs are stronger then they have been in 10 years. I catch myself running when in a hurry and say to myself "look, you're running!!" Much happier. Took about a year.
 
Wow! Cool thread! I haven't been here for over a year, and find this :)

RTKR on 11/30/10 at 47, with an MUA on 1/20/11. All is well now; I've been racewalking since 6 mos post-op. I did my first half-marathon in September and placed 6th. Had my 2-year ortho check in November. The x-ray attached; that thing hanging at my left thigh is my iPhone :heehee:. OS seemed quite impressed with my recovery, with the prosthesis showing no abnormal signs of wear. Now I've begun training for next racewalking season, with plans to race in the same marathon, with hopes of shaving off a few minutes.

Hang in there newly-replaced peeps...it all gets better; really!

A happy and healthy New Year to all,
Don
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Class of 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 Knee Members
    photo.JPG
    26.7 KB · Views: 144
Hi this is my first time posting, I had left knee replacement on 12/12/13, so I am at about 3 week out from surgery. I am not sure what to expect about recovery. I still have pain, and use a cane to get around. I am only taking pain pills in the morning and one before bed (sleeping isn't to easy). At three weeks what should I be feeling, I am doing PT 3 days a week and I try to stretch the knee on the off days. I do have a lot of swelling at my last PT session I was able to get a ROM of 116, I know I need to do better than that. I want to be positive and not get discouraged, I am just wonder if at 3 week am I on tract. FJP


Hello, I am 41 days out of BTKR and I think 116 ROM is awesome at 3 weeks. My best knee is 112 at 6 weeks, and my PT and surgeon are both pretty pleased. I too, still swell up a lot after walking, riding the stationary bike and exercising. When I overdo it, I find myself doing the absolute minimum the next day to recoup. Sleeping is interrupted with pain and it doesn't help when you can't sleep in the position you are accustomed to. Hang in there! We're doing this together.
 
Hello, I am almost 7 months out from BTKR and can say I am so very happy I did this surgery! I certainly was daunted prior to surgery, but everything worked out very well. I have my life back and can walk 5 miles or more on any given day and have no bad effects. OS says no running. What about doing jumping jack type moves? Has anyone tried that? I feel perhaps that I am not trying to do certain things as I don't want to injure my new knees that are pain free. Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom