Guest viewing is limited

Hip Arthroscopy CJ ready for recovery!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious, what exactly is the CPM machine supposed to be doing for your hip? What does your OS say about it?

Haven't had a chance to ask about it again. Next appt isn't until oct 3rd. I do know that I have talked to even more people that have had this done and they all used it. I'm guessing just keeping ROM.


General update from me. Crutches are GONE!!!! YESSSSSSS.
Been walking unaided since Friday. Things are doing ok. Pain is up and down. I did well for a few days, today has been rough though. My fault. Went to work today for the first time. Up at 6 and at work by 7. Did desk work until about 12:30 (too much sitting) then went out into the shop and got roped into helping pour some concrete. That's right. Finishing concrete 2.5 weeks after surgery! (Guess I'm not doing too bad!). Luckily the forms are up on tables so no bending. Just back and forth finishing motion.

Paying for it slightly tonight though. Pretty sore. Gonna take it easy tomorrow.

PT is progressing and I'm gaining movement fairly easy. I can do 80 degrees ROM easily with no pain.

I'll try and update again in a few days.

I'm thinking I wanna be off the pain meds after this week so that I have a whole week without them before I see the dr again. Does that sound reasonable?

Caleb
 
Finishing concrete 2.5 weeks after surgery!
Pretty risky at this stage. I would not put any extra weight on that joint.
I'm thinking I wanna be off the pain meds after this week
When you start forgetting to take a dose it is the signal your body is weaning off your meds. Until you see this I would continue your meds. You need them to continue to increase mobility.
 
Pretty risky at this stage. I would not put any extra weight on that joint.
When you start forgetting to take a dose it is the signal your body is weaning off your meds. Until you see this I would continue your meds. You need them to continue to increase mobility.


Lol. I should really clarify.

When I say finishing concrete, I'm saying I was standing there, fully upright, holding nothing more than a concrete trial in my right hand and waving it back and forth over the surface to get a nice finish. Not really "work" in my book.

But it felt good to be active.
You will be glad to know that I was much less crazy today. Went in for a while and did very little.
PT went great.
 
Whew! That sounds better! I know it's very tempting to move forward quickly as you get further and further down the recovery road. But sprinting usually results in a setback. The slow and steady approach always works. Sounds like you are well on your way!
 
@calebj06 I'm glad to see your recovery is going well. Your surgery is what I thought was going to have to have. But my OA was too far gone to just have it scoped. Keep up the great healing. :)
 
Full update coming Monday after my dr appt.

But for today, a new way to keep you ice pack lasting longer!!
[Bonesmart.org] CJ ready for recovery!

This is our newest family member Cooper. He decided that laying right on top of my ice pack would be a good place to nap!!!
 
Cooper looks so sweet! Pets are certainly a great comfort through recovery.
 
Calebj06. I ended up with a cpm! I never had one with my bilateral TKR but got one with my LTHR. The nurse was shocked I didn't get one last year with my BTKR. She said everyone getting either a knee or hip replacement gets one.

Am hoping I soon get your 5-day turn around on pain. Today is day 5 for me and yesterday/last night was perhaps my worst. Of course I didn't take any Percocet during the day yesterday so I was in bad shape by bedtime. It's been pouring rain here for 4 days so I'm hoping to be able to get outside to walk today.


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
@BusterBeans

Take it easy on the pain. Although Percocet is a little strong for my tastes we are all different.

Yeah I was doing good the first week. Then bad again. Then good and. Then just ok..............you get the picture.

I still have bad days but they just simply call for some Advil and ice. LOTS OF ICE!

And I will be honest with you. Rain is tough, but the sooner or can get back active with something you like you WILL get better.

I started back at work. SLOWLY, but I enjoyed getting out. Before I knew it I was feeling better and had a more positive attitude!
Best of luck
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom