Guest viewing is limited

Checking in after 8 days

It was a joke by Roy Gardiner, one of our Forum Advisers - but it's true. I think he got it from Star Trek.
 
Hello, checking in with a weird new issue. So I’m still dealing with a tight IT band, massaging at the sore point just above and outside the knee. I also have been having a very annoying pain in my big toe. Weird, right? Now, when I do the massage on the IT band spot, I feel pain in the toe. The IT doesn’t go that far! What in the world could this be?
 
That is strange. I can scratch is some places and feel it in others. I think it has to do with the way our nerves run.
 
I have that scratching thing, too! It’s incredibly sensitive and painful. Worse in evening. Also have plantar fasciitis. Lots of weird after effects with this surgery. Getting fed up, it’s about 12 weeks now, things with knee have stalked or backslid somewhat and this new stuff is taking over.

Another question - have other folks been able to ride bicycles? The real kind, on an actual street, after healing? I’d love to do that, hoping for the best.
 
Yes, you will be able to ride your street bike. This past spring I rode mine 34 miles in 2 days! A little discomfort afterwards, but not bad at all! The first time you try yours, have someone with you just in case. My first time out after my tkr, I rode only about a half a mile and stopped. I wanted to see how my knee reacted the next day. I took it very slowly for the first month, but then I was good to go!

It's a little early for you to try it quite yet. I'd wait another month or so.
 
Hello, everyone. I’m now four months post op and doing pretty well. My rom kind of comes and goes, it’s very easy to let swelling and pain get the best of me and I get stiff and swollen.

I’m actually writing today about my friend, Linda. She is having trouble figuring out how to post, and she asked me to do this. She had a RTKR September 21. Same OS as me! She’s had trouble all along. 10 weeks of pt from mid October through December. 8 acupuncture sessions, twice weekly. Pool therapy starts next week.

The newest problem is that Linda is hearing a noise like crackling cellophane when she bends her knee. She has a call in to the doc, but was hoping someone could shed some light on what this might be! Thank you.
 
Hi Sue! Spring is coming and I hope you will soon be riding your bike on the street. :biking:

It would be best if you can coach your friend Linda on setting up her own thread. Has she joined BoneSmart? Only members can post on the forum. So that might be her first step. After she registers, setting up a thread is simple. That way she could have a conversation with other forum members, including our nurses on staff.

Crackling (crepitus) following a knee replacement is uncommon but it happens. Her OS is best situated to evaluate her symptom. Does she have accompanying pain? And there’s a good example of why she should have her own thread, so she can tell us more and we can try to help.
 
Thank you, she did register. I will pass this along. Of course, I will help her.

She has constant pain, every day.
 
You’re a really good friend. :friends: We’ll do our best to help her!
 
Back
Top Bottom