Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

Yes I also had night sweats after all my various surgeries. I just wrote it off to the body overcoming the anesthesia. But also could be a reaction to the pain meds. It eventually dissipates but does take time. It is annoying for sure. Good luck. You have been on a rough journey. Wishing you all the best and swift healing
 
To fir412 Ty for sharing. I am currently awaiting my 2nd stage surgery. The spacers they put in became dislocated a week after first surgery. Intense pain due to the fact they had to shatter my femur far down to get out prosthesis. I have been non weight bearing since august 3rd. I can use walker but only go a few feet because my opposite knee is bad and locks up. Nightmare. Severe pain. I go back on 10/27 and hopefully infection is clear. I wanted to ask you whAt pain meds they prescribed to you during the time the spacers were in? I am doing this at a county hospital and my surgeon is now telling me he will not prescribe anymore of the percocet 10 325 which I could take every four hours. I honestly do not know how I will survive this pain without. I have very high tolerance to pain due to ankylosing spondolitis which caused my first hip replacement at age 15. I have had several since then due to the fact that I shattered my pelvic bone then at a later point fell off ladder and shattered femur. So I am used to pain but am worried without pain meds I will not be able to handle the pain. I had to go a full day without until I could get last ex filled and it was not good
 
@fire412 All I can say is wow! I had bad knee pain when my left hip was going south. 14 months after lthr it still acts up occasionally. Maybe right leg impacting? I did have to be toe touch only in 2011 when torn labrum repaired in right hip. That wasn’t much fun-but I kept focusing on the fact that the pain was different and there was an end in sight. Hoping you see slow steady improvement—you have earned it!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Also, I am experiencing extremely painful kneecap a
I'd really like to offer you some structured advice but in order to do that, I also need to ask you some questions. Are you willing for me to do that?
 
Wow @fire412 only just reading your thread for the first time..... what a journey you have been on and still on!
I can only admire your courage and positive attitude you have throughout your ordeal. Very brave indeed!!!
Sending you best wishes and positive vibes to a speedy recovery and an end to all of the suffering! :0)
 
Glad to know you had that last done. Hopefully Josephine will shed light on some of your issues as soon as you give her green light..
Hope you rest well this evening. :sleeep:
 
Back
Top Bottom