Finger/Thumb Carpometacarpal (CMC) Joint Treatment?

Hi Linda, hope you are feeling well after your operation. It sounds as if your thumb isn't quite co-operating yet. It must be a little frustrating not being able to drive and get yourself about.
 
A new splint for another 4 weeks. Grrr! Tasteful school uniform blue this time!
 
At last, after 5 months, my surgeon has said I can leave the splint off. My thumb isn’t as perfect as either he or I would have liked, but it’s usable. I now have to gradually start using it and it should regain some more strength. I’m not finding the gradual bit very easy, and know that I have already overdone it.

As I was leaving his room, my surgeon told me that he’s leaving LGI next week. I just hope he wasn’t trying to get rid of as many of his patients as he could before he goes! He said my GP can refer me back to one of the other surgeons at anytime if need be. That’s reassuring!

Now I can prepare myself for the tibial band release op which is scheduled for anytime now. Linda x
 
Wow - this has been a long haul for you Linda! Glad to hear you are now splint free! Please keep us updated!
 
As I was leaving his room, my surgeon told me that he’s leaving LGI next week.
Hi @Coppernob - I hope your thumb continues to heal well.

Your mention of the LGI jumped out at me - that's where I did my training, many years ago. :SUNsmile:
 
@Coppernob How did it go? My own left thumb joint surgery is scheduled for May 21, 2020 (next week), so I'm naturally curious.
 
I posted my two experiences with CMC Arthroplasty on someone's thread. Perhaps you can search by my name. I am brand new to this forum.
 
Back
Top Bottom