TKR Can't sleep at night after knee replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a print off that the hospital sent me home with for pool exercises and most of the ones above are on it... I would be happy to scan and upload it to the site but won't be able to until Monday... I am a HUGE supporter in water therapy.. I will be going back to the heated pool to continue my therapy as my home pool is getting a bit chilly these days... around 72 degrees.. brrr .. although love the idea of using my hot tub for stretches afterwards and ROM!
 
Question for everyone. My physical therapist is a tad concerned that I seem to be "stuck" in my ROM - I was at 110, and now all I can do is 105. I've gone back to work, ice my knee as much as possible, take tylenol regularly, and exercise every day. My knee still feels swollen, which is what's limiting my bending. Is there something I'm doing wrong? Should I be concerned? Or is it just going to take time?
 
Maybe you have overdone it and the knee needs rest, and ice. I found that I also had a temporary set back but I didn't get concerned because I looked at my jounal and found I was doing to much. I back up and did less and the ROM came back just fine. Thats my experience. When my knee get swollen I am doing to much. I hope this is in your casse and times takes care of it. Tashia
 
I don't feel like I'm doing too much - I'm pretty much a homebody, and don't feel like my exercising is over the top. I guess I don't know what's up - my PT was mentioning the dreaded "manipulation" and that perhaps I should see my doctor sooner than later. How do you know if adhesions are an issue?
 
kauai, I never had the PY mention I was in trouble but if you wonder if everything is ok seeing your doctor is a very good idea. Tashia
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom