Day 12 - pain still bad but noticed that I’m walking a bit better. Trying to walk without crutches where I can in the hope of returning to a more normal gait. Yesterday managed to take all my pain relief at the right times (and not 10-15 minutes early!) and also was able to sit at table for my birthday lunch by having my feet balanced on a small box. Can’t wait to have the staples out on Wednesday now because they feel like they’re restricting some of my movement. If I could just get the pain more under control I’d feel a lot happier, also the night time itching driving me a bit insane but find that gentle body lotion helps with that. And if i could sleep for longer than an hour at a time that would be amazing. Slowly, snail like slowly, I’m getting there day by day.