BTKR on Monday!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Hornplayer! Good luck today. Beginning from the time you wake up in the recovery room, the first week after surgery can feel like a bit of a blur. But, it gets better day by day. Make sure your extra good to yourself, patient, liberal with treats you like to eat and praising yourself for overcoming barriers as they arise is such a good idea right now. Your hubby sounds like he cares for you, but surgery can be tough on partnerships ... I've had some first-hand experience with this.... For my second major joint replacement, BTKR, I chose to rally my friends and family as close to me as I could to meet the needs my partner could not. Wishing you well
Jesse
 
Wow, I can't believe all the wonderful posts for me. Thank you all!!!! I'm watching the time. I will eat something light by midnight, since my surgery isn't until noon. I have to still take the first of my 2 antibacterial showers. I was busy today washing sheets, etc.
Stacie, I will look up your thread. It will be great comparing things.
Ditzy Dinah, my situation is similar with husbands. I was married before, but he wasn't. When we got married he was 40. So he can cook and do laundry. I do have my daughter's Bible study wanting to help, also, plus my condo neighbors.
Calamity, thank you so much for your prayers and kind words! And every one else!!!!
This means a lot to me! My pastor who normally comes to pray with me before surgery has been sick
Until I'm on the other side......
Hornplayer
 
Hornplayer, best to you today!
What a special day for You! Two wonderful new knees to carry you forward into a new life without discomfort and pain! I call my surgery day my new birthday. It was the birth to my new life! That is how people need to look at this wonderful surgery that gives you back your life! I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers today. Please email us as soon as you feel well enough to. ((hugs)) Joan:puppysmooze:
 
Good luck today Hornplayer! Looking forward to catching up with you on the "Other Side" !!:thumb:
 
Good luck, Hornplayer. To see a recovery example please see the link from my sig below.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Back
Top Bottom