Guest viewing is limited

THR BruceH After THR Recovery

Awesome! You're doing great. Now....to get the pain under control so you can rest comfortably overnight. Please ask for ice if they're not providing it. It helps with the pain and swelling. :ice:
 
I walked and relived my bladder. Not at the same time, lol.

:loll:Glad to see your sense of humor is intact!

For everything you are on to control pain, your writing is lucid!

:egypdance: So happy your surgery experience went as you had hoped. I am very glad they are on top of controlling your pain.

May you sleep well and be home in a timely manner. :sleep:
 
So good to see your post and hope they've got that pain cocktail tweaked so you are as comfortable as possible.
This is definitely the tough part...time to just roll with it (not like there is alot of choices...)
Healing vibes coming your way.:friends:
 
Congratulations Bruce!

Very happy your cocktail worked and that you had a well timed nurse advocate! Ice really is magic at this stage. Meds only do so much IMO. Hoping you can keep moving a bit, really helps to minimize swelling. Best of luck to you. Sarah
 
I think I'm up for good. Got a total of 5 hours sleep. Someone keeps coming in for some reason right when I'm sleeping. Either for meds or to record a machine reading.

Pain is on a downward curve. The exception is when I've gotten out of bed and walked. It will spike to a 7 or 8 for a while before settling down.

Looking forward to breakfast and getting out of here. I had extra blood loss so they are checking hemoglobin and hematocrit? I think that's what they said.
 
5 hours of sleep is awesome in the hospital. If you are looking forward to eating and going home, you must be feeling pretty good overall! Fingers crossed that everything goes smoothly and you're in your own bed by noon.
 
Good Morning Bruce,
Five hours sleep is pretty impressive given you just had surgery yesterday. You'll definitely rest / sleep easier at home without those constant interruptions. Enjoy your breakfast and safe travels back to your recovery nest. Let us know how the trek home went once you're there and resting comfortably.....ice pack in place. :ice:
@BruceH
 
Wonderful that you had some sleep. I do not know how long of a trek it is for you to get home but I found it helpful to have ice with me for the car ride home. Hospital provided ice packs but otherwise you can always ask for an ice bag. I loved my ice.
 
Now be nice @BruceH, she may just dump you in a drift if you give her too much grief! At least you'll have plenty of cooling for that new hip! :heehee: :ice:

Seriously, sounds like you're doing well, know you'll be happier and rest better once you're safe at home. I know the hospital I was in does what they call hourly rounding, meaning they do rounds every hour. Sure didn't seem like it when I wanted out of the chair and back into bed or when I woke and had to go to the bathroom! :rotfl:
 
Snooze away...our body does it's best healing while we're asleep :yawn: :sleep:
Hope today is a good one!
@BruceH
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom