TKR Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if this put Reff on notice!
You better believe it! I had a classic one time when my elderly mother was put on a drug trial by her GP. He told her to sign a form but wouldn't let her read it. I was OR manager in quite a well-known London hospital at the time so drove up to Norwich and with my sister in tow, proceeded to discuss this with him. I told him who and what I was and thereafter he was grovelling in his compliance and said mother could come off the trial if she wanted!
Plus my ** called this am
Should there be a 'son' in there? :wink:
 
Dear brownie,
Did you have your doctor app.today.....I hope you got some answers & were not intimidated :hissy:
Please keep a record of calls, primary doc.calls & your son's calls, when you called & that you got hung up on :tantrum:
Times, dates, be exact in your records....that he called you a drug seeker...pain & suffering should definately
Acc. For something :gaah:
I am sorry you have to go through this....
Luckily you have your son :angel: your primary :angel: & all of us,
Remember to rest...you have been thru the ringer
Diana :SUNsmile:
 
Oh Marianne...
I am so, so sorry for this whole situation, the pain, suffering and related challenges! Please know that I continue my prayers for you multiple times each day...sending you sincere wishes for strength, wisdom and healing!
Harplayer
(Lee)
 
Dear brownie,
Thinking of you today :) have you had your app. With your doctor.
I really hope you have been able to rest, you must be exhausted, all this extra stress
Is not very healthy for your recovery.
Wishing you my best : :kittykiss: console2:
Hugs.....
Diana
 
[Bonesmart.org] Brownie's Good, Bad, & Uglies
Take care, Brownie51, we care.
 
Thank you all so much for your support. My visit to doctor yesterday was bizarre. He told me my incision looked fine. He told me the scan was normal. (Nuclear med doctor said the opposite to me). I asked him why I have severe pain and cannot walk and he told me that I have a hypersensitivity to the pinholes. I think he is in denial. Why would he out and out lie or did he hear something different from the nuclear med doctor than my friend and I did? I can't believe this. Today I thought the wound looked better, but as usual during the day it had some discharge and looks red. The hole has not closed up a bit. It has been 3 weeks and the wound has not improved worth mentioning. I feel like I need an antibiotic and I don't know what. I go for the WBC scan Monday/ Tuesday. I will have to get the results from the nuclear med doc because I don't trust Reff. But what now anyway? Being non-weight bearing has not helped the pain at all. Oh he told me don't test out my leg, stay non weight bearing! (Yet nothing is wrong!). So I have another appt with him Wednesday.
Just don't even know what to do.
Thank you all for your support!
 
I am so sorry you are going thru all this Marianne. So many different comments from so many people and none of them helping you in the least. You have medical knowledge if it was me I would be at a loss with everything that is going on. I really hope things start to improve next week. Sending you warmest hugs x x x
 
Oh dear, so sorry to hear about all this, Marianne. I really feel for you. I have no advice to offer, but know we are all thinking of you and hope that your situation gets sorted, like yesterday and everything improves :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Marianne, you seemed to really like the young orthopedic surgeon who filled in for your OS when you first went to the office...can you contact him for advice?
 
Dear brownie,
Can you still do gentle stretching...even though you are non-weight bearing. I think it's a good idea
To get your own results. If you don't trust your own surgeon...something is wrong :umm: we must trust our own doctor's.
I think it's time for a 2nd opinion....could your son get you the name of a good ortho doc. At his hospital.
If you could...why are the 2 screws in your leg? I don't want to appear nosy, just wondering.
Have a pain-free weekend :)
We want only the best for you :console2:
Diana :yes:
 
My oh my! I haven't been on the site for a while and just spent the last hour catching up on your thread. Poor baby! Pain can take you to the edge and that is the truth. Someday this will all be behind you. For now, please accept my heartfelt wishes for strength and ease of well being. It sounds like you have lots of people in your corner. I hope you get out of this orthopedic racket and the sooner the better! :console2:
 
Pam-yes I thought about that but he was standing in for my doctor and I feel the loyalty would be to him, not me. I need someone who is not affiliated with Dr. Reff at all. I thought I would get a second opinion when I had more information. I also have my rheumatologist that I could consult. But my best friend and I thought having another person right now might just be more confusing. My primary is helping me alot, she got the scan results so I could see it for myself. I am getting a tibial xray on Wednesday at Reff's office and hoping it will provide a diagnosis. I am in so much pain, it's unreal. If I take the 2 norco, I get relief though! Last night it was awful, finally took 2 Norco and got relief within an hour so that was good. I am just going to stop telling family or friends how much med I am taking. I want to research the stress fracture but the results just come up with fractures caused by over use/athletics, not caused by a surgery. I would also like to talk to a lawyer but do not have a name. Hoping NightQuilter will find me and help in that department. I wish I could talk to the Zimmer people and find out how deep the pinholes were supposed to be. My screw hole/pinholes are over half the diameter of my tibia.
I hope everyone is getting ready for a nice Saturday today. Lovies to all. M
 
Brownie,
Sorry you are having to go through this with your leg and your OS not giving you all the information. You should be able to find a reputable revision surgeon (not that you need a revision, but because they are experienced in difficult cases) in So Cal. UC Irving has a joint replacement hospital just south of Disneyland, on the same street as the Crystal Cathedral, in Orange CA. At least they did when I stayed in the hotel across the street and could see the joint replacement hospital sign on the building in May 2012.
Since the Norco helps, take it on schedule for your pain. You still need to follow the Bonesmart Mantra,
Rest, Ice, Elevate, and Medicate on Schedule, you are less than a month out on your TKR, and have a complication with the holes in your Tibia. With my torn tendons I took pain meds for 6 months, tapering off of course over time.
Beautiful weather here today, thanks for you good wishes for a nice Saturday. Sending you wishes for an uneventful weekend, and resting up for the week ahead.:console2:
 
Marianne, just caught up on your thread and went :yikes: Praying for you. I agree with pumpkin, maybe a visit to a revision OS would be a good idea. Since you have lost trust in your current Dr, and think he is lying to you, it is time to find someone else anyway. As others have said document everything! To me it sounds like a visit to an attorney should be put on your agenda. If you were close to me, I could give you names and phone numbers of three really good ones.
To me something smells rotten and it ain't the outhouse!
 
Yes, something seems fishy to me. I had computer navigation and had the stuff secured. that area was sore for a while but it was a small mark on my leg and healed normally.. It's like your guy used giant screws or something. Maybe your GP can coordinate your care. It sounds like you're getting some action on that front.
 
Marianne, I've lost track of you and have been catching up on your thread. My heart goes out to you my friend! I can NOT believe that you are going through all this with that incompetent doctor, it simply makes me so MAD!:hissy:
He deserves to be reported to the board! I wonder how many of his other patience are suffering like you my friend.

I so hope you get some clarity about you situation soon so you can move on and progress in your recovery kiddo.:console2: It's just not fair! It's kind of hard to stay positive when you don't even know what's going on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom