Guest viewing is limited

TKR BrokenAgain Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

Great news! :loveshwr:

So glad you were able to get things figured out. Good luck on your continued recovery. :flwrysmile:
 
I'm so glad to hear you're better! Also glad that you went to the hospital when you did and went on an active search for the problem. I have to admit this is something new for me. It does make sense, though, that someone who is extremely sensitive to metals could have problems if that metal was in the instruments. I looked for information online briefly and didn't find anything to speak of. I need to do some additional research.

I think your surgeon is right on the mark in telling you not to worry about your loss of ROM at this point. Your knee and actually your entire body have been through a lot and it will take some time to bounce back. But it sounds like you are finally on a good path. :thumb:
 
Oh, what wonderful news! You definitely had our prayers! Who would have known that using instruments containing nickel could affect someone like that, but we are never too old to learn something new! Now, that you know what the problem was, you can get on with your healing!
 
You’ve been through so much! Things can’t go anywhere but up! Keep us all posted!

Marie
 
An update from @BrokenAgain . Her phone is about dead & she will be back online later tonight or tomorrow.

She has been approved to go to rehab & will be transferred sometime today. She told the surgeon seven days and he agreed.

Thats all for now!

Marie
 
@BrokenAgain
Very glad to hear all is getting well. I still think your surgeon was lax. With your history, using anything nickel'ish was a no no but, you're on the road to recovery and that's what counts.
Take it nice and slow. You'll get there.
 
Thinking you had an implant with nickel in it probably mentally made your pain even worse. Too bad your doctor did not have the time to talk to you about the implant after surgery which would have eased your mind.
 
I also discovered the afternoon before surgery that my TKR was going to be 100% surgeon guided cuts to my bones. No computer assist. No MAKO. NO ROSA.
I am just beginning to look for a Dr/surgeon. Did you expect to have robotic/computer-assisted surgery? I am looking for a Dr that does that. I first wanted ROSA but after reading an article on NIH.gov about the accuracy of the available options I am rethinking ROSA and leaning more towards MAKO, assuming I need surgery of course. I hope you are doing well. I see the first Dr on my list at the end of the month.
 
I also discovered the afternoon before surgery that my TKR was going to be 100% surgeon guided cuts to my bones. No computer assist. No MAKO. NO ROSA.
I am just beginning to look for a Dr/surgeon. Did you expect to have robotic/computer-assisted surgery? I am looking for a Dr that does that. I first wanted ROSA but after reading an article on NIH.gov about the accuracy of the available options I am rethinking ROSA and leaning more towards MAKO, assuming I need surgery of course. I hope you are doing well. I see the first Dr on my list at the end of the month.
My OS uses a handheld software device called OrthoAlign that I'm very impressed with and happy, so far, with outcomes.
 
I also discovered the afternoon before surgery that my TKR was going to be 100% surgeon guided cuts to my bones. No computer assist. No MAKO. NO ROSA.
I am just beginning to look for a Dr/surgeon. Did you expect to have robotic/computer-assisted surgery? I am looking for a Dr that does that. I first wanted ROSA but after reading an article on NIH.gov about the accuracy of the available options I am rethinking ROSA and leaning more towards MAKO, assuming I need surgery of course. I hope you are doing well. I see the first Dr on my list at the end of the month.
My OS uses a handheld software device called OrthoAlign that I'm very impressed with and happy, so far, with outcomes.
I've never heard of that before. There is a Dr about 50 miles from me that uses Augmented Reality glasses but that's too new for me.
 
Please try not to get too hung up on all the assistive technology out there. They are just aids and no robots actually "do" the surgery. Your best bet is to find an experienced surgeon who does at least 150 knee replacements (not "knee surgeries") a year and who you can have a good rapport with. Surgeon expertise is still the main component of a successful outcome, even with all the computer assists and other devices.
 
My OS only used manually affixed cutting guides and electric hand tools. No robotic assistance. He has done over 300 TKR procedures. Personally, I am extremely happy with my recovery.

It seems like many people’s recoveries are more or less successful based on pre-surgical health, fitness and mental attitude going into their procedure.

You have been through many procedures and sound like you are pretty good at the recovery side of things.

We r here to listen and learn :thumb:
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom