I’m going to guess that this recovery is somewhat similar to a knee replacement.
This is what I post about a knee replacement:
It was major surgery, and your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year or more. (I’m not sure, though, if your current recovery can take a year or more, like a knee replacement can, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it might.)
Something to think about.
This is what I post about a knee replacement:
It was major surgery, and your surgeon did major carpentry work and disturbed every millimeter of soft tissue in this area. You aren't tight because your muscle is underused and needs to be stretched and rehabbed. You're tight because your tissue is healing...and full healing takes a full year or more. (I’m not sure, though, if your current recovery can take a year or more, like a knee replacement can, but it wouldn’t surprise me if it might.)
Something to think about.
United States
I was in such good shape before. We had even booked a bike/barge trip Amsterdam to Bruges, for April 2021, but cancelled due to the pandemic. I had been training in the summer and fall for the long bike rides. I don't care about the trip; I was actually glad we cancelled because an average day of biking was around 30 km. and I didn't think I'd be able to do it.

I've been making lunches and dinners every day and cleaning up after. My back gets tired standing. My biggest complaint is the ongoing stiffness after sitting even for 15 minutes but I have been assured that will pass.




