Guest viewing is limited

THR break on through

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Bonesmart.org] break on through
at last to the "other side", ukisgr8, and to the wonderful world of recovery. Some of us will do anything for a little extra attention :heehee: . Glad you got all your little problems solved and that pain is controlled. Just take it easy and follow that BoneSmart mantra and your recovery will be off and running.


Take care and keep us posted. We care. [Bonesmart.org] break on through
 
Hi ukisgr

We were worried!

Glad to hear that you are better.

Try the prunes for bowel movement.

You will know the time for the cane. Do not push yourself too hard and do some risky exrecises without advise and do not either leave yourself without doing the required exercises specific for you.
For instance, i am not allowed to lifting the leg straight when lying on my back not before week 4. The first time we did the exercise of lifting my leg when lying on my side at the beginning of week 2 was like lifting a 100 pound someting, very difficult and with help. NOw i am doing it with 1 kg on it. Thus every case is different.

Dont worry, you will be fine before you even know it.
 
Just time and a little patience ... You will get there :)
 
Hey! Had mine done on the 11th. It took four days for movements to get restarted. I made it a point to munch on blueberries during the day and eat a dish of fruit with breakfast. Glad that I did, drugs were not enough and prunes were the next step. Have you started p. therapy?
 
You switch to a cane when you are totally confident. There is no time line to recovery. Easy does it!
 
Sounds like things are progressing well for you. I switched between cane and walker until I was comfortable with just a cane. Now I am waiting for the day that my leg is ready to ditch the cane. Continue to post and let us know how you're doing....take care.
 
Week 2 update. Staples are gone and that alone made me feel much better. My PT has to tell me to slow down but I do what I do completely pain free. The only hold back is healing muscles because of the cut to the top left of the hip. Still a little wobbly if I test the cane so holding off. Not sure if that is physical or mental but patience is a virtue I can enjoy.
 
Congrats! My staples come out Monday. They say you feel nothing.
 
you don't feel them coming out. of course, I'm still a little numb in that area
 
update: week 3
Been doing great. Walking with a cane, which gives me such independence. Still have steri strips on which is aggravating, probably more so than the staples but my wife says leave them on until they come off on their own. Still have work to do but coming along great. Rehab has been great and everyday I'm finding just how important it is. This site has been so great at helping me prepare for surgery and the rehab after. Thanks to those who run this site
 
ukisgr8 sounds like everything is going well. You have PT everyday? Were your leg muscles really in bad condition before surgery? Mine are very tight so I have a lot of work to do.
 
ukisgr8 I was using a walking stick 24/7 for at least 6 months prior to my surgery. I am back to the stick now, and I am also loathe (scared) to let it go as I have relied on it for so long. I can take steps without it, small, wobbly baby steps. I'm sure my problem is mental, I have to learn to trust my hip again.
 
Ukis hi,

İ'm glad to read that you sound much more confident and relaxed. İ cant agree more with you about the importance of rehab and the improvement each day...sometimes it is 3 days forward and 1 day backward in terms of progress and feeling good.
But the good part is that once we are through with surgery, time works on our side
Take care
Selin
 
ukisgr8 sounds like you are doing very well for early days :)

So pleased you have found the forum helpful... That is certainly our mission :)
 
ukisgr8 Nice to hear how well you are doing I get my clips removed on Tuesday and I am hoping this will make me a little more comfortable as I feel them starting to pull and dig in.So glad that your efforts with the exercises are paying off
 
I have a wonderful wife and a great friend who helped me through the worst part and maybe this is the depression part people mention but I have a lot of family and I've not heard a word from them. I've called and no answer and have never ask anyone for helped, including my friend who was here anyway, but it's frustrating when your own blood goes silent. oh well, sorry, just venting....lol btw, not sure where I'm supposed to be in rehab but I'm walking some without the cane now and it's awesome. Have been outside chipping with my golf clubs so that brought my spirits sky high. Get a stationary bike for all the newly post surgery people. It has been awesome
 
Hi ukisgr8, good to see you post again. Sounds like you're having the normal ups and downs. Don't take your friends' and family's silence personally-- I found that people whom I barely considered friends were wonderful, and some family members hardly asked how I was doing. It's all about them, not you. Keep up the good work-- I don't know where you live, but I'm in the NY area and my husband is planning to play golf tomorrow which means that spring is here. It can only get better.
 
thanks Barb, I live in Bristol, TN.

how are you doing on walking? When did you leave your cane behind?
 
UKisgr8 I like your post title. Oh Jim Morrison & the Doors Break on through to the other side one of my favorite albums. Sounds like you are well on your way with your recovery.:cheers:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom