Guest viewing is limited

THR Brand New Hip

:egypdance: yippee!!!
For new hips and real sleep:sleep:
 
Back at home sweet home, weight bearing without pain, best sleep in six months! :yes!:
Wishing you comfort for the day and maybe even a cozy nap...or two. :sleep:
You’re on your way!
@Ropeslinger
 
Nothing like a brand new shiny super custom after-market hip @Ropeslinger! When you realize the only pain you have is post-surgical and will go away with time, the sun seems to shine brighter, the flowers look prettier, and life itself seems brighter again.
 
4 days post-op, no pain or swelling at the incision, very slight bruising very minimal soreness through out the leg. Staying on schedule on pain meds and doing exercises to keep muscles tightness at a minimum. Walking about 30 steps each time I get up. So far so good.
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Brand New Hip
    Resized_20210305_212950.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 271
All sounds just great @Ropeslinger
Incision looks great and by the time it fads into a thin line, there will be a permanent smile on that hip.:) :-) (:
 
:wave:Happy One Week Anniversary! Don’t know why, but it was the first milestone I set for myself. Making it through week one....and it wasn’t even bad.

You're doing great! Keep up the good work and have a wonderful day! :SUNsmile:
@Ropeslinger
 
Got the staples removed today and a check-up. Everything is going well. Next appointment is 8n 4 weeks. Also took a shot of the new hip. Feeling really good and working on the PT! Well worth all of it and becoming pain free!
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] Brand New Hip
    20210312_133405.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 251
Good one Ropey, getting my Staples out Tues (did it hurt) and great pic of new hip, do you understand it? How you going comfort wise, pain wise I'm fine. How much PT are you doing and what, I'm just taking ' just get walking ' advice plus a few quad and calfs. Can just bout manage a few one crutch steps. Anything I'm missing please advise. Anyway great news you are recovering well. Nice one.
 
@JohnWilky Staples coming out didn't hurt at all. They'll put steri-strips on after just for support and they'll fall off on their own in a few weeks. Right now I'm just muscle sore but that's going away the more I use my leg. Just doing a lot of reasonable walking and working on muscle strength. Everything is so much better since the surgery. So far very pleased with the outcome.
 
Day 15 post-op, feeling so much better, sore but manageable. Since my case is workman's compensation, I still have not had any physical therapy... they cancelled the in home PT and will only allow in office PT but I won't be cleared to drive until April 16 at the earliest.
Thank God my wife is an RT so she's been working with me to get mobility back in my leg and working on muscle strength. Sooo frustrating!
 
No rush for PT @Ropeslinger, you are still early in healing and PT to strengthen needs to wait anyway. From where you are now walking will serve you best for recovery.
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom