United StatesI also have a wedge for my leg, and one to prop me up! I am 5 weeks post op, and I can sleep for a limited time on my side!That rotisserie feeling can cause a lot of pain, with all those frequent movements.
I was a side sleeper before surgery but I have successfully learned to sleep on my back, and still do now, 4 years later!
What helped me most was to elevate both legs. My particular elevating wedge has a cut in trough for one leg, which is pretty hard to come out of in my sleep. My wedge is only designed for one leg, but I put the other leg on it also. This kept/keeps me still all night.
I also use my pillow to prop my head up somewhat straight.
I now fall asleep much faster than I did when I slept on my side, (I don’t know why) so that’s an added bonus!
United States
United States
. But I really did sleep well, once we got past the pain at night. But when on my side, I did the rotisserie spit dance as well. There are foam pillows for recovery which have an indentation on both sides for your legs which made it much easier to flip from side to side and keep the pillow with you - just tighten a bit and flip. The other thing I did too, was rather than taking Tylenol at night, I would take Tylenol PM instead - I found it helpful in keeping me closer to sleep when I flipped and easier to settle back into dreamland. Good luck.
Australia
United States
Australia