Guest viewing is limited

TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

@JDinCT that looks so peaceful. I am closing my eyes and imagining I am sat there with a g and t. Have a fabulous weekend
 
Hope all is settling a bit...one month down.
Wishing you a fabulous calm Sunday .:angel:
 
Obviously you know I know nothing but pop by on knee side enough to know it is early days and not time to panic as the swelling is likely the main culprit.
You did check that plastic wrap is not the problem:giggle:

Keep the faith!
 
@JDinCT
Hey there JD. I love that area, my husband and I stay in a B&B in Mystic every year on our anniversary.
 
Last edited:
@Bionic I just read through your posts after this surgery. Don't fret about your bend-you're only a month out (Happy one month ann-knee-versary!). Your implant is perfectly able to bend; it's not the new knee causing the stiffness. It's all the tissues, etc, surrounding that nice shiny new knee causing the stiffness. They were viciously attacked in surgery and need time to recover from the assault that is a TKR. In time they'll settle down and the swelling will go away. Everyone's body reacts a bit differently in that in some people the swelling goes down quickly, others not so quickly. But eventually the swelling will go away and you'll once again be able to bend that nice new knee. I'm at 9 months and while my initial recovery time frame was nothing short of miraculous, the latter days haven't been as easy, as my entire leg is still quite swollen, but that totally has to do with my crazy body. Be patient-one day it'll dawn on you that the swelling is gone and your leg is bending quite well.
 
5 weeks tomorrow since the op and I can still barely bend the knee. It always feels tight and swollen.
I have been trying to walk outside a bit but that won't happen today as the weather isn't cooperating.
 
:sad:poor bionic.
I liked you on the hip side...but you ran out of hips.
I do hope that swelling subsides so things will start getting easier:console2:
 
@Bionic the bend will come when it’s ready. I did manage a walk today but it felt so compared to what it’s been like! I even had gloves on.
 
Once I got used to 90 degree restrictions hips were definitely easier.

I certainly agree with you here Bionic, never had pain with the hip first, second nor this time around, but boy does the knee give me grief. :thud: I am working on loosening the muscles or whatever behind the knee. My ROM was 90 second day but it took me nearly 10 months to get perfectly straight. It took lots of patience. :whistle:
 
@catkin69
Glad you managed to get a walk. It was snowing hard here this morning so have had to make do with walking round indoors.
 
Bionic I'm 3 weeks behind u so following ur progress with interest! It's good to know that the symptoms /effects are commonly experienced :-)
I'm gradually increasing my walks.
 
@Jodingers
I hope the weather is better where you are than it is here. I haven't been able to get outside for several days. Did a mile indoors yesterday. Husband said I will be wearing the carpet out :)
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Roy Gardiner
    Staff member since February, 23, 2013
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
Back
Top Bottom