TKR Bionic's final op - fingers crossed<

Its 20 weeks yesterday since I had my knee op. It took a while but things have improved a lot in the last couple of weeks and yesterday physio signed me off.
I have had four 1-2-1 sessions at the gym in the last 2 weeks and that has really helped to strengthen my legs.
my flexion is still only 95 but because the legs are stronger I don't seem to notice the lack of flexion so much.
At 20 weeks I guess there is still plenty of time left for the flexion to improve anyway.
I am beginning to feel 'normal' again and its great.

So, for all of you on the same journey, its a long and winding road but don't give up.
 
Hi old hippy pal. Glad you are hanging in there...
Hope you have a great weekend :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Bionic :wave:
Just noticed it is 6 months for your new knee and am hoping you are still doing well and hips are happy.
Continued best wishes.:loveshwr:
 
Hi @Mojo333
Things are going well thanks. I don't think the knee will ever be very flexible again but I can walk, go to the gym, take the dog for a walk etc without pain. So I couldn't really ask for more.
I don't give the hips a second thought these days. No issues with them at all
:thankyou:
 
I'm glad you are back to a pain free life.
You deserve it.
Going to keep some faith going for improvement in ROM for your knee.
Maybe ignoring the naughty child will bring it around...
Working on things ad nauseum may just keep things tight:shrug:

Walking without pain is a big improvement in my life too.
Keep the faith. Friend:flwrysmile:
 
Last week was a difficult one.
For about 3 weeks I have had some mild pain, sort of like a bruised feeling, in the calf on the side where I had my TKR. Sometimes the pain moved to behind the knee. It didn't really bother me but it was niggling at my head. What if its a blood clot?
I went to the Dr's last Monday and he said that only a scan would show if it was a clot but that I would need to have a blood test first which would show if it was likely. Test done, I was told to call the office the next day for the results but within 3 hours the Dr called me and said the blood test had come back positive. I was in a panic.
He said I needed to collect a prescription for blood thinners and wait until Friday when he had scheduled the scan.
Friday morning, I was a bag of nerves.
Had the scan and it was NEGATIVE Whoop Whoop
I cried when they gave me the results. I feel I have come so far with my hip replacements and then the knee and was dreading a set back so now I don't need to worry.
Dr said the pain is probably just the knee still recovering as its still has a slight swelling.
Stopped the thinners and back to the gym in the morning :-)
 
What a terrible scare. Thank God that's all it was!
 
Wow, that was frightening for you, so glad it turned out alright. What a relief!
 
Always better to check those things but so hard not to worry before you get the results! Glad everything was negative but also glad you had it checked out!!
Keep moving and things will get better!
 
Tomorrow it will be 1 year since I had my left knee replacement. In the 8 months prior to that I also had 2 hip replacements.

I know from experience the pain, boredom, frustration, lack of sleep etc. that goes with these ops and it can be a very difficult time. Several times I wondered if I had done the right thing.

My knee was by far the worst of the three ops and even a year later I still only have about a 90 degree bend. Having said that I am definitely not complaining. I may not be able to bend the knee properly but I am not in any pain.

Prior to the ops if I wanted to go anywhere that required more than a few paces of walking I would go in a wheelchair. Now, I take the dog for a walk, go to the gym 3 times a week and generally feel my old self again.

For my 65th birthday last year we were planning a big trip to Alaska and Canada but that had to be put on hold. The trip is now on for later this year and I can't wait.

So for all of you struggling please believe me that you can do this. Positive mental attitude goes a long way so keep smiling and dont give up.
 
So good to hear this. Yesterday was a month since my TKR, so something to look forward to! I’ve been very fortunate in my recovery, so I don’t want to do anything to cause a set back. I keep checking what I should be doing here on this website. Thank you for posting!
 
You'll notice that I have merged your two threads together as we prefer that members in recovery only have one thread.

This is for three reasons:
1. if you keep starting new threads, you miss the posts others have left you in the old threads
2. it often ends up that information is unnecessarily repeated
3. it's best if we can keep all your recovery story in one place so it's easily accessed if we need to advise you.

Please keep all your questions and updates on this thread. If you would like a new thread title just post what you would like it to be and we'll change it for you
 

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom