Bilateral TKR Bilateral TKR March 5, 2020.

I have concerns about stopping the bike suddenly and putting a lot of stress on my knee that takes the weight. Were your stops very slow and careful, or were you able to stop normally with no problem?
I am slightly disturbed by this; you need not take any weight on your knee. You brake to a halt and then put your foot gently on the ground as you come to a full stop. Your leg should contribute nothing to the stopping effort, and bears almost no weight as you're sat on the bike.
 
Last edited:
My stops went fine, they were slow and controlled. I cannot put my feet on the ground while sitting on the bike unless I lean over on one side. I was being overly cautious, probably. But, I was able to get off and on, start and stop with no problem.
 
Quick update from last month (May).
Knees are getting better incrementally. Cycled a total of 250 miles, a mixture of indoor and outdoor. Had my three month consultation with the surgeon by phone and he doesn’t want to see me until next February.
 
I thought I’d give the indoor rower a try today.



[Bonesmart.org] Bilateral TKR March 5, 2020.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom