Bilateral PKR Bilateral partial recovery

Just thought I'd give an update on my recovery....in case others are interested. It's been about 4 and a half months.

1 - My recovery has not been linear - I've experienced periods where I'm almost unaware of my new knees and others where (for no apparent reason), my knees swell up and are extremely painful
2 - I'm able to squat by bodyweight in the gym now....although getting deep is pretty much impossible
3 - I can surf again....although relearning how to turn the board has been a slow process. Of all my activities, this is the one that's been affected the most
4 - My walking has improved a great deal, especially downhill

This weekend I did a 6 mile hill walk with little problem, a workout tin the gym and a 2 hour surf. I'd say by now, I'm more or less pleased that I had them done!

Great report- well done! Just be careful not to overdo things and avoid any very twisty movements on the knee- particularly when squatting. I still find it is important to keep my knee from turning inwards when I rise from deep sitting or squatting.

Hi penliniaupoenus!
You're doing great! At not even five months post op into a recovery that can last a full year for many, even longer for some, you have time and room for improvement. Best wishes for a great week! Thanks for the update. :)
@penliniaupoenus

BoneSmart #1 Best Blog

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
BoneSmarties
Latest member
Denton1224
Recent bookmarks
Back
Top Bottom