Better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys are such a wonderful inspiration! Three and half weeks now. I am doing everything I can do for myself and yes, Thank God for ice! Still dealing with the early day to day ups and downs. Night is the hardest. I love reading about everyone's journey. Your strong people.
 
Have you tried replacing your shoes? Your old gait creates a pattern in your shoes so it’s a good idea to replace them. I had back pain after my TKR also and strengthening more core has helped along with new shoes.
 
I planned to get new athletes shoes soon. I am barefooted about 95 % of the day. Working on core, hip strengthen. Thanks for the shoe suggestion, forgot about that!
 
I developed Plantar Fascitis after my TKR so I am always wearing shoes with good support.
 
I had plantar fasciitis years ago and worn orthotics in my shoes.
 
Had my one year follow up with my OS this morning. X-rays taken, questions answered. Flexion 150 extension 0.
My right knee is fine, no bone on bone. Next appointment in 2 years.

My knees are great, but now the top of my right foot is slightly swollen and tender. Got a appointment with a podiatrist next week. If it’s not one thing, it’s another! :xmark:
 
I added the name of the prosthesis to my signature. Found out today. I guess it really doesn’t matter, it’s all in the function!
 
Mine is a Smith and Nephew. I found out when I got a copy of my operative report. And I understood more than I expected to, when I read it!
 
@Mutti3 , WOW, I have just come across your thread, absolutely amazing your ROM. I thought that 135-140 was the top of the range.
I am really encouraged by your post.
I normally very very active, so this gives me hope. Pre surgery did heaps stretching, pilates so to see you re yoga is fantastic. Really gives me focus for long multi day hikes and bike touring.
:wowspring:
 
@Jockette
I just asked my OS, he wrote it down on a script. Then told me he used the same prosthesis for my husband’s knees, so I guess we are now “ twins” lol

@Kiwigirl62
I had good flexion before surgery. Good flexion is possible with time to allow for healing. I didn’t force or pushed, just allowed the flexion to come back naturally.
 
@Mutti3 , thats what encourages me as i also had great flex pre op.
Was cycling good distances every day plus I'm a huge believer in stretch.
My OS was quite surprised at flex based on xray and mentioned may not get back exactly the same....very little difference between good and bad knee.....
Haha, i said, "you do a good job and then i will do the rest to bring it back!
Also did pre op leg muscle work for 3 months in hope that it will pay off this side.
Sometimes a little frustrating waiting for knee to 'catch up'.
But i do realise that i cannot exercise my way out at my preferred speed....its a process, so it was great to read what is possible for some in yr post....gave me renewed focus and play the waiting game. :prayer:
 
I recoveried well from the replacement surgery, walking about 45 minutes daily. Pain started on top of my right foot, that never when away. I ignore it until I realized it was not going away. Saw a podiatrist this morning, stress fracture right foot. Soft cast, minimal walking.

Not happy about this turn of events, but everything else functions good. Now have to heal! :hairpulling:
 
I don’t think I am Better and better no more!
 
Oh, Mutti, I’m so sorry! :console2:

How did you fracture your foot?

Hopefully this is just a bump in the road!
 
@Jockette Got stress fracture, walking way too much. This is just a bump in the road of our lives!
 
@Mutti3, I'm so sorry this road bump got you. You have a really good attitude about it. Hopefully, it will heal quickly.
 
Have to allow healing , never imagine that increased walking would result in a stress fracture!
 
Two year check in! The left knee is ” better and better”. Have completely forgot the pain, and stress of surgery. The knee replacement was a complete success. As for my right foot , that is healed as well. As a side note, I had cataract surgery recently, Now I can see vivid colors, distance without glasses! Modern medicine allows us to replace our knees, ( and other joints), lens, to improve our lives.

All the discomfort, sleepless nights, physical therapy hassles, or what ever is encountered is a small price for a functioning knee,
I can physically do everything I want, kneel, squats, sit on my heels, jog, etc...and can also SEE to do it!:kitty::meow:
by the way, sadly to report, of the three cats in my avatar, only the orange cat is alive. My other cats passed this year.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom