Better and better!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Hood1980
My flexion came back on it’s own. Didn’t force with pain,pulling, straps or what ever, just gentle stretching.
Don’t give up hope of regaining yoga flexion! It is there, waiting to show itself!
 
Thanks @Mutti3 but I’m afraid I am going to need a revision....maybe then I’ll be able to do yoga. At this point I’d be happy with being able to walk. I was so active before injuring my knee last July and TKR in December. I was hoping to be getting back to it by now, but it seems more and more like another surgery.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
For all who seek flickers of light this journey can bring, I put out mulch yesterday and this morning. Getting on hands , knees and low squat to spread it out. Going for daily walks, enjoying physical activity without discomfort.
I reflect back to the early days of recovery, it has truly become like child birth. A very distant memory.
 
That is so awesome! I wish we all had recoveries like yours!
 
@Jockette
Thank you! I did nothing special or different than anyone one else. I just feel blessed.
 
You surely are! I hope I get a break if I do this again.
 
My monthly “check in” ! Eight months tomorrow! Last weekend I put my knee to the test. From last Thursday to Monday, I was almost continuously on my feet, walking , standing every day. Drove round trip 725 miles myself. It was great to have an arthritic free knee.
Thinking of going back to the gym to help my motivation with yoga , endurance, and weights.
As a note to anyone who reads my 8th month follow up. Time, patience, not losing hope during this process .The body does know how to recovery and repair itself. Understood early on that pain medication plays havoc on the mind,but a necessary. Walking, moving, stretching to obtain my range of motion was essential. Of course, I loved icing! Elevating was ok. As I have said before, I only have one regret.........I didn’t get a lounge doctor!
 
It seems you did fine without the lounge Dr.

That’s awesome that you came through this so well! :spin:
 
Well I’m sure you do plenty for him! :roseshwr:
 
@Mutti3 , I am almost 5 months out from bilateral pkr. I have a ways to go yet to be where I want to be, so I want to start easy yoga hoping it will strengthen my legs and help with stiffness. Can you tell me some of the best moves you would recommend for helping with recovery? You are an inspiration to many of us here on BS.
 
Nine months today! In some ways it feels like yesterday, in others ways a life time ago. Had a uneventful recovery, and still on the mend. Occasionally have zingers, sore areas, and hamstring discomfort. Can walk painfree. Full range of motion returned in the early months.

Basically, consider the replacement a success. I went into this with a lot of trepidation, my husband had successful knee replacements , done at separate times. Our OS is a cheer leader type, on my 4th week check up he loudly whispered to me in my husband's presence, “ you did better than him”

Now, nine month later, very glad I have it done. I hope it is ok with other if I can lurk around for awhile at other posts, and sometimes give words of encouragement to make others' journey a bit more pleasant.
 
I hope it is ok with other if I can lurk around for awhile at other posts, and sometimes give words of encouragement to make others journey a bit more pleasant.
Oh yes, most definitely stay around and help those coming up behind you. They need to hear from us who have already past the awful early stages of recovery!
 
People who come here looking for what TKR might be like need to see the success stories and hear from people who have had good recoveries. You always give such positive support, too!
 
Thank you susieshoes! That means a lot to me!
 
Everyone needs encouragement and you’ve had such a great recovery, just the kind people need to hear or read about!
 
10 month check in. Walking is a breeze, no knee problems. The only side effect I have encountered the increased my walking has exacerbated the back pain. I have returned to physical therapy for the back. Treatment has included stretching , strength exercises. Deep muscle massage and dry needling. Same therapist I had for my knee. Focus is only the back. Also what contributed to it has been now I am walking straight, no limping.

I still read everyone’s recovery story. The first weeks to months The journey feels never ending . But it is truly worth all the pain, tears, fears, and sleepless days and nights. Every day I feel energized because I no longer have the nagging knee pain. No longer do I measure my outing by the distances I can walk.

It is a worth while journey!
:catbutterfly:
 
Congratulations on your fantastic recovery!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom