THR Bens THR recovery and accountability thread

Hello @B3nzaah :wave:

Most days I’m great but some days I’m sleeping in the afternoon as the body’s still a bit sore and I just seem to go flat.

This is normal. Your body is using energy first for healing, not leaving a lot for the the other activities of daily living. Sleep all you can before you return to work, you’re going to need it and our body does its best healing while we’re asleep.

My work wants me to go back ASAP but I’m going to take the full 6 weeks off and go back after Easter weekend.

That is pretty ambitious since we recommend a Phased Return To Work at twelve weeks. I hope you’re able to crash on your favorite piece of furniture once you return home from work and not do much else for several more weeks.

I have been diligent with my physio and have an appointment Saturday to get my next set of exercises to start pushing the boundaries.

Promise not to push too hard Wild Man :no-fin: I’ve heard the ODIC is no fun.
A great week to you!
 
Hoo boy, your shopping expedition sounded very traumatic and dramatic! Glad it worked out okay for you and yes, I suppose the nurses did chastise you a wee bit.

I am so happy that you are taking the full 6 weeks. There's a favorite and very wise saying on this forum that goes like this:

"Just because you can, doesn't mean you should" :heehee:

Keep up the good healing progress and don't be a stranger.
 
Last edited:
Happy One Month Anniversary!
I hope in the midst of all we’re going through in the world that you’re recovery is progressing nicely. Hope to hear from you one of these days...
Wishing you continued progress. Be safe and stay well! :wave:
@B3nzaah
 
Hey there :wave:
How are you doing, Ben? We’d love to hear from you.
Wishing you a Happy Two Month Anniversary and hoping all is well.
A great week to you!
@B3nzaah
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom