TKR Benne68's 1st TKR recovery

OMG my OH has been in guest room since day 1. No way I could share a bed at the moment!
 
Oh I forgot to mention I have ordered some CBD Gummies from Holland and Barrett ( a well known health care shop in the UK) had to sneakily have them delivered to my daughter's home as don't want husband to see the price!!
They are soooo expensive! How they work for sleep though as husband is threatening to move in spare room as I keep him awake he says ( if you could hear him snore you would not believe a word of it) hopefully if Gummies do work I can justify price oh and in my defense they were by one bottle get the other for one penny! BARGAIN... I hope!
OMG my OH has been in guest room since day 1. No way I could share right now!!!
 
OMG my OH has been in guest room since day 1. No way I could share right now!!!
Hahaha - I have been in the guest room. We set it up so well with all my needs that I am hesitant to leave but I sure miss my boo. Last night, I slept comfortably without my knee pillow. I think I'm ready. btw, what's an OH?
 
Been a tough week, between fighting a UTI and coping with GI issues from the antibiotic to treat it, but things are settling down and I think I'm finally on the mend.

Taking time out to deal with those problems has been a setback in my recovery since I wasn't doing any exercises, walking or riding my bike this week. I know I need to resume activities slowly so I don't make another visit to the ODIC.

I've developed an odd sensation behind the knee when I bend more than 90 degrees -- it feels like a rubber band snapping across the back of the knee. Not all the time; it's most noticeable when I climb stairs.

Curious to know whether anyone has experienced something similar?
 
Glad your UTI and GI issues are fading......

I know I've read similar things on here about either a tight band feeling in the back of the knee or strange sensations in the back of the knee but of course can't remember who right now. Hopefully someone will come along and reply.
 
Well, last week really set me back.

My knee is so stiff and limiting that I feel as though I'm back at week 5 and not almost 10 weeks post op. Before I was sick, my flexion was good enough to climb the stairs reciprocally -- now I'm back to double stepping.

I know recovery is a roller coaster and am trying to take this in stride, but it's frustrating...:cry:

Really glad now that I didn't agree to host Thanksgiving dinner!
 
I'm sorry you've had a setback...... :sad: Yes, it's good you aren't hosting Thanksgiving. I'm not either. Rest, ice and elevate.:friends:
 
@benne68 i had terrible GI problems from the 3 weeks of Bactrim I was on. I found THE best probiotics on Amazon. 85,000 positive reviews. For 2 days I took Pepto Bismol tablets and these and I was better than new. It's probably the last thing we need on top of the blasted knee.
It is called Physicians Choice Probiotic, 60 Million.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
OMG my OH has been in guest room since day 1. No way I could share right now!!!
Hahaha - I have been in the guest room. We set it up so well with all my needs that I am hesitant to leave but I sure miss my boo. Last night, I slept comfortably without my knee pillow. I think I'm ready. btw, what's an OH?
Other half!
 
Your my Hero Benne,
I havent really had any illness or anything other than my knee. We just need to chill and let it heal.
Good luck to ya.
Booger
 
Sorry to hear that you have had to contend with othe illness you have my utmost sympathy and admiration, even though you are ill you still find time to encourage others. Get well soon xx
 
Thanks for all the well wishes. I'm doing much better now -- took a 1/2 mile walk yesterday, rode the stationary bike and climbed the stairs reciprocally today. I have a PT appointment tomorrow, which I plan to keep.

While I'm not back to where I was before the infection, I'm feeling more positive about getting back on track.
Guess the rollercoaster goes up as well as down! :yes!:
 
Hi, Benne... I’m so sorry you have been fighting infection also. And then the GI. Problems too. Those antibiotics can be so very rough on the stomach. Do be careful & don’t overdo yourself. I guess our bodies are a little weak & vulnerable after the TKR? I guess one thing that is an “ advantage” right now is that I really don’t have the energy or strength to overdo. Before all this infection & surgery agai, it occurred to me , that the ODIC syndrome we all battle after TKR is a bit like a bad itch. Unlike most pain, we Know that we Can deal with that itch.....scratch it. With some itches, like poison ivy, you can Really regret scratching. Likewise, overdoing.... easy, natural for many of us to do. Feels good. Until the next day.
I hope your stomach problems are about resolved. And sounds like you will take it easy Thanksgiving. It’s encouraging to me that since your last post, you have seen a lot of improvement. Hoping to be joining you on that roller coaster up ride soon. Take care, & let yourself heal....
 
Today is 10 weeks since surgery!

While I know there are still months of recovery ahead, I am feeling really positive about my progress. My ROM is getting better, my walking has improved immensely, I can finally climb stairs again (still working on descent, though), I'm sleeping better, and I only occasionally need to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen for pain. Those gains all came slowly and in tiny increments (with plenty of setbacks), but they came!

I'm so grateful to everyone here who has shared their experiences, advice and empathy to help me get to this point.

To all who will be celebrating this weekend: Happy Thanksgiving!
:cheers:
 
Happy Thanksgiving, @benne68 :) So happy to hear that you are over your infection. Always lovely to read a positive update!
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom