Welcome back @SDkate! I'm back for my 2nd knee, too. I definitely had amnesia on some the TKR experience but was able to prepare better for the weeks after surgery with my own knee cave in the spare room and new toys that made the recovery easier.
I went back to work (from home) after a week with my 1st knee with the same assumption, a desk job should allow it. With this knee, I remembered that 1 week was not nearly enough time and I opted for 5 weeks with a bit of short term disability. We're close in age and I understand the concerns about job security. Tough choices. I hope you're figuring out how to manage those long seated periods. I still find myself stiff after sitting for a couple hours without walking, so I started using my under desk pedaler to stretch periodically as an alternative to walking about my home office.
I went back to work (from home) after a week with my 1st knee with the same assumption, a desk job should allow it. With this knee, I remembered that 1 week was not nearly enough time and I opted for 5 weeks with a bit of short term disability. We're close in age and I understand the concerns about job security. Tough choices. I hope you're figuring out how to manage those long seated periods. I still find myself stiff after sitting for a couple hours without walking, so I started using my under desk pedaler to stretch periodically as an alternative to walking about my home office.
United States


