Guest viewing is limited

TKR Back problems, 14 weeks in

Now that your leg is straight, your pelvis and back have to do a lot of adjusting of your posture. That can take quite a while.

If you're still going to PT, ask your therapist to do an assessment of your gait, to check how you are walking now.
A chiropractor may also be able to help.

Meanwhile, have you tried using ice or heat, to relieve your back pain?
 
I agree with Celle. My back pain increased during recovery before it improved to better than pre-surgery.
 
It may take your body some time to adjust to its new normal.

If the cane helps lessen the pain when you walk, then use it!
 
Now that your leg is straight, your pelvis and back have to do a lot of adjusting of your posture. That can take quite a while.

If you're still going to PT, ask your therapist to do an assessment of your gait, to check how you are walking now.
A chiropractor may also be able to help.

Meanwhile, have you tried using ice or heat, to relieve your back pain?

Yes. I’ve been working with the therapist and using
Both ice and heat. I’ve also had very frequent massage.
But it seems the more active I become, the worse my back is getting! Very frustrating
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020
  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018

Members online

Back
Top Bottom