Guest viewing is limited

TKR Back Again

I need to start post TKR.
Thanks for getting the app downloaded. Be sure to let whoever you talk to at OneStep know that you want to start the program once you have surgery.

is one step something I should look into? I really want to get a normal gait again. I have been limping for months and I know that my ltkr will realign my bowed leg.
I think it's an excellent program for just about anyone with gait issues. That's the whole point of the program - to get you back to a normal gait again by strengthening the muscles that have become weak and stretching out the soft tissues that can get tight over time. It works as a pre-hab program as well as after surgery. I'll send you a personal message here on the forum to let you know more about it and you can decide. The best part is the entire program is free right now (won't always be that way) AND you get a $35 Amazon gift card when you complete the 60 days. Check your message inbox.
 
@Jamie I just set my appointment with them. I did let them know that I will start program post TKR. I have my initial meeting with their pt tomorrow. The app is pretty simple to navigate, and scheduling was a breeze.
 
I had my initial meeting with the One-step pt. Good session and began my pre op exercises today as well. There is good info to share with my in person pt as well.
 
my one step meeting is tomorrow. I did my day exercises and uploaded a few walks and provided feedback, and the pt is chatting back with me. so far, so good.
 
I did my pre op visits with my PT and all the hospital appts (bloodwork, xray, ekg, anesthesia, etc) this week. That was a long morning of walking around. I found out that it is only 1 night in the hospital.

I am a few days into my onestep exercises. It is going well. Shared my info from my in person PT with my one-step pt, so that it is more coordinated.

This week I have been slowly getting the house deep cleaned and organized. At least for now while my hubby is away :) . This way I can rest and try to keep swelling down when I come off the meloxicam.
 
I have spent this week getting mentally ready for this. Definitely starting to get the butterflies. I have made sure to spend some quality time with my each of my sons. My husband has been binge watching The Handmaid's Tale with me. Stopped the meloxicam, so now it's only Tylenol. Now it's just relax and countdown to knee-day.
 
Please follow Kazilla on her recovery thread now:
 

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom