TKR Back Again Right Knee

You never know! Just returned from ortho with a broken right foot. I am 8 1/2 weeks from my rtkr. Thankfully all joint replacements seem OK. Back on crutches for at least 4 weeks, maybe longer. Complete non weight bearing. If bone doesnt heal, more surgery. Location of break is very difficult healing. I had 1 inch wedge sandals and was walking on item #4 gravel. The rest is history. Must be the universe's way of forcing me to take it easy. More ice and elevation. Will keep you posted.
 
I am so sorry about your new break! Glad the TKR is ok. :console2:
 
So sorry to hear about your foot, but glad you didn't damage your knee!

Hope you don't need surgery to repair the break.

Do keep us posted.
 
I also broke my foot and ankle on the same leg at less than a year out and fell on my knee, too. The knee was all bruised up, but the implant was fine. I was facing possible surgery, too, on the ankle, but thank God it healed OK. I was non-weight bearing for 6 weeks and was back using my walker. Boy was I mad! I had gotten so I could use my new knee really well, then this put me down. I guess God was teaching me patience. I thought a TKR was more than enough of a patience teacher!

Anyway, you will be fine. At least you are more mobile being able to use crutches. You will probably find that your knee will not like your being non-weight bearing. Mine was quite angry about it. It'd be a good idea to ice and elevate it along with your foot.

I wish you a quick foot healing so your knee can get back to its healing!
 
Thank you for all the kind words. Broken foot and ankle, yuk. You give me inspiration. You are right, poor knee is now carrying a boot. Thank God I have all these ice pacs. I am upset but I realize some things are out of our control so best just to deal with it. Again, only time will tell.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom