TKR Back again in 2021 ☺

Great news @dogwalker2 Sounds like you are doing great. Have you driven yet? I also received clearance to drive this week, but am a bit anxious about it because I still have pain in my knee and I'm worried about the need to hit the brakes hard. Would love to hear about your experience.
 
Hi @benne68 I tried a 10 mile round-trip yesterday and it was fine. I still get some knee pain at times but driving felt ok and my knee felt very stable. Try just a couple of miles and see how you feel. Let me know how you get on.☺
 
I have starting reducing my meds. I eliminated the flexiril and gabapentin. I take 3x1000mg Tylenol and 2x-7.5mg meloxicam as prescribed but have reduced oxy to 1-5mg in the middle of the night. I plan to reduce the tylenol next week but surgeon wants me to keep up the meloxicam, for inflammation, until I run out.
@hawk2go how is the Meloxicam working for you? My dr just put me on it for pain and inflammation.
 
how is the Meloxicam working for you?
I guess it works ok. I don't really get pain relief from it but have not had a problem with swelling with this knee, except when I really overdo it. MY surgeon wants me on it for another month, my PCP wants me to go to tylenol before NSAIDs for pain. My pain is easing over time, so I expect the pain meds are temporary.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom