April Rainbows 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in April?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was scheduled for April 2, however the hospital changed the schedule... now it is April 9th... this is fine by me, another week to prepare...:yay:
 
[Bonesmart.org] April Rainbows 2013 - Are You Having Knee Surgery in April?


Is April the month you plan to find the pot of gold at the end of your rainbow? Congratulations!!! And we invite you to join the BoneSmart group, April Rainbows. As a team, you will have people like yourself going through surgery at the same time to talk with. We find this works really well to deal with concerns and provide support to each other.

Let us know your surgery date and join the group!
23rd april RTKR
 
Doubts, we all have them..I just wanted to say I have had them since I made the decision to go ahead with my BTKR surgery..So.....taking the dogs out for a walk, hiking a trail,(1/2 mile), or going to costco reminds me everytime what is going on with my knees......Just wanted to say.........
 
Right TKR scheduled (tentatively) for April 25th. HOLY COW!! I am really going to do it! I am so glad to have found this site, I feel like I know a lot of you already. Made my decision to just do it much much easier....because it is not going to get any better. Thanks to every one of you. :)
 
Dear Shellbelle, Yes, it's great to have this site. I'm 4 days after you. Quite an awesome event to say the least. I have this two track occurrence: absolute anxiety and a peaceful confidence, both going at the same time! :tada:
 
Its a big decision and the time you need to recover. and the unknown on how you are going to recover :scary:

Welcome to Shelllbelle & Schipp4me we can all go through this journey together :friends:
 
Hello all:

So glad to have found this forum. The library is very helpful. My LTKR is scheduled for April 30.
 
Bottomshollow Just returned from an appointment with my OS. My surgery date has been changed from April 29 to Thursday, April 18. Less waiting time--yea!!!
 
Bottomshollow Just returned from an appointment with my OS. My surgery date has been changed from April 29 to Thursday, April 18. Less waiting time--yea!!!

Lucky girl! Going in before me now! Better to get it over and done with and get on the road to recovery!:dancy:
 
Welcome Tubtickler & Carolann you have found a wonderful site :flwrysmile:
 
Hi:
Not quite sure if I am doing this right. I am happy to have found this site; I will be having knee replacement on April 24th and am a nervous wreck about the whole thing
 
A huge welcome Lexismom! Lexismom
You did it perfectly! And I added you to the list on page one of those having TKR's in April.

Perhaps you could start your own thread and tell us a bit about yourself. You can cut and paste what you have already said about being a nervous wreck, or tell us a little about how got to this point. Maybe something about what you want to do, that you haven't been able to do because of your knee. Pretty much anything you want to say, because it will be your thread! :) People will be along then, to say "hi"!

If you start it on the pre-op forum, you can start another once you have had your surgery on the post op forum.

How to start a thread
 
Hi Lexismom and congratulations in finding this wonderful forum it truly has helped me so much! :yay: My surgeon has told me hardly anything but I feel very well informed now and know what I have ahead of me and I think that greatly helps in your attitude after surgery. We can be nervous wrecks together your 6 days before me so make sure you post how your recovering. :scary: I love all the recovery posts! :happydance:
 
hi all , i am counting down now 17 days to go till my RTKR booked in for april 23rd time is going very quickly have just finished packing my hospital bag just to give me some think to do as i am getting pretty nervous :loll: but when the day comes i will be fine , this week has been a challenge for me i started with tooth ache- on tuesday and found out i had abcess on the tooth although i had my usual check-up last month and all was fine apart from a small filling so i had the tooth extracted it was either that or root canal i said just get it taken out and have done with it i was stressed to the max !!:gaah: dentist gave me 5 day course of antibiotic to get rid of any further infection to to having my TKR very soon , gums are sore but no pain thank goodness !! :martini: i think i might have a few of these tonight seen as i have finished the antibiotic and ditch the pain killers for one night only:giggle: i hope every one has a good week-end . best wishs marie .
 
Hi Marie sounds like your on the count down and packing already - I'm impressed! That's not good about the abscess on your tooth I hope it all clears up before the Op date! :scare: I have to get moving and get myself organised. Three weeks tomorrow for me
 
Double knee replacement with custom replacements 4/11. Starting o get a little nervous....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom