MissFanny
senior
Soooo sore. The thigh pain is wicked. It’s particularly bad in the evening. Deep breaths and one foot in front of the other. I like the “this is temporary” mantra someone shared. I know from experience the payoff will be awesome.
Yup! I ended up having 3 grabbers. You always need one to pick up the one you just dropped!For one, I feel like I drop everything I get in my hands
Jaycey! Sorry! I have a grandson Jayce and my phone autocorrected.Jayce—yes, I have a timer set on my phone. I also have some “as needed” for pain the Tramadol and Tylenol can’t control I have been taking 2x/day. I didn’t need it with my first hip replacement but I do this time.
United States
yes... and the emotional swells



As my grandma (in a thick southern accent) used to say
"Everyone deserves a pity party sometimes, just don't turn it into a soiree."
LOVE this! I will add it to my “temporary” mantra.
United States
I kept my grabber and cane within reach if I was in my recliner. My grabber fell to the floor and I needed it for some reason so I began fishing for it with my cane trying to hook the handle to lift it and pull it toward me. I remember feeling really pathetic.For one, I feel like I drop everything I get in my hands—including my grabber
Those wonderful recovery aids can certainly make you feel old before your time. Tossing them aside, one by one is the best, I'm sure you agree having just experienced your first THR so recently. I hope you have a nice rest of the week.
today. I am hoping for more of the same.
Sorry about the TMI.