Guest viewing is limited

any one have bilateral hip replacement surgery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@LJ-H regards your age -- a very close member of my family had his first hip replaced at 26 and the second at 27 that was well over 20 years ago. He doesn't look like requiring a revision any time soon, and when one thinks how much the processes of joint replacements have improved since then, we are truly living in the bionic age -- best wishes :)
 
Hello @LJ-H, I'm 34 and had bilateral THR on March 26, over here in Melbourne, Australia. I highly recommend it. I'm doing very well. I reckon I'm 95%, absolutely no pain, I can run, chase after my 3 kids, pick toys up off the ground etc! Have a look at my thread, I had a few concerns early on. All the best with it! I believe a good surgeon makes all the difference. Definitely go bilateral if you can, it saves a hell of a lot of time and money.
 
Hi @Poppet Thank for your message and wish.

Hi @Cedric Thank you for those information, really it's helpful and make me feel more comfortable to going with BHR. I would like to know which approach and materials you have had?

Thanks,
 
Hello @LJ-H, I had posterior approach and Stryker ceramic on ceramic prosthetics. The posterior approach I think is avoidable if you can as you have a sore butt for weeks, and have to sit on a pillow. Its just what my surgeon wanted to do, so I let him do what he knew best.
 
Hello @Cedric Thanks for your replay, I'm going to get Anterior approach with COC, My surgeon mentioned ceramic/ceramic carried a risk of squeaking. Are you facing any issue with squeaking?

Thanks in advance,
 
I havent heard that and they dont squeak...yet! Apparently if I was older they would use a different prosthetic.
 
@Michael Moscatelli @Cedric

Thank you so much for replay, could you please tell me how many days you had been stay in hospital for rehabilitation.
one nurse from hospital called me today and she said I should stay in hospital for 7 days after surgery. is that right? Thanks in advance.

-LJ
 
@LJ-H I guess it depends on your surgeon, the hospital, and your particular health and situation. I was in hospital for 4 days following my BTHR - I asked about rehab but was told that even having BTHR did not qualify me for a rehab program cuz I was not sick enough :) From what I've read of others having this procedure post-op stays usually are about 3-5 days in hospital. After that most folks go directly home to heal and recuperate. Some folks do move from hospital to rehab particularly if they have other health problems or do not have good support at home.
 
Hi @djklaugh
Thanks for those information, I don't have other health condition, I'm 29 years, I will be in 30 in end of June!Lol. but the call that I got from hospital today, it's confused me a little and just I want to make sure the number of days that I will be in hospital.

Thanks,
 
Hi @LJ-H, I was in hospital for 5 days and then straight home. I had the option of rehab, but I had a physiotherapist(u call them physical therapist) come to our house once every other day for 2 weeks, then once a week for 3 more weeks. I had never been to hospital before and I found it quite relaxing actually, being waited on hand and foot!
 
Hi @Cedric , Thank you for sharing those information and I hope everything goes well with my surgery.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom