THR And so, I Begin Again

Made it home. Now for some rest, binge watching and figuring out my routine for recovery. First order of business--nap time.
 
Congrats on your 2nd hip @gullimac! Sounds like a wobbly start, but I am glad you are at home soaking up tv, movies and resting!

:yes!:
 
Now comes the part where I have to be patient and not over-do-it.

LOL well you just take care there - sounds like you are a real go-getter! Mind you, I am sure that watching TV in the States at the moment would be tough with all the election coverage.

What have you got planned at the moment for yourself?
 
Saved a few Netflix shows to binge watch. Usually the first week or so I stick with something short and familiar so that I won't miss much if I doze off. I have a book to read once I get to the point I can focus longer. I also think I will work on buying some Christmas gifts online since I won't really be able to go shopping this year.
 
Home already! You are a pro at this hip replacement recovery the second time around. Wishing you the patience you are asking for so as not to over-do. I'm still at the rehab facility, day 13 from surgery. Won't be here much longer, but it has been very useful for me. I've got the hang of the 20 pound weight bearing and have strength back and don't need as many naps these days! Take as many naps as you can, since you are still so very soon out of surgery.
 
@gullimac You will be happy to be at home as long as you have a runner to keep your ice bag filled. I did beautiful at hospital and as soon as you get home the swelling takes off. Try to keep feet up on pillows. Helps so much! Good luck! Find great movies to watch!
 
Yay for being at home. Enjoy and rest up. Hope the rest is smooth sailing! Sure it will be. [emoji4]


Candice - 29 year old from Aus
RTHR 1 June 2016 LTHR 13 July 2016 Revision of LTHR 12 October 2016.
 
First night of truly good sleep in a while. Was back in my recliner since the bed is a little lower to the ground than I am ready for just yet. Stayed on top my meds overnight. Getting ready to get up and test out the soreness in this newest hip. Wife is working from home the rest of the week and my dad will stick around until Saturday I am betting.

Had the patience and stamina to do some reading homework with my oldest last night and help my youngest show Paw-paw her favorite video game we play together. Crashed for about 9 hours waking up for my alarm to,take meds twice. I remember being able to do that the first couple of days last time too. Interested to see when the cat naps start.
 
Hi. Here I am in your thread, having had a brief chat with you on mine. Well what a coincidence. I never had any dizziness or nausea with hip #1 but have experienced a spot of light headedness this time and my last BP check shows that I'm a spot on the low side. I have been hydrating religiously and think a lot may be due to needing to catch up on sleep. No nausea at all - made sure they gave me meds for that. Glad to hear you're home once more. We know the drill. Flop down and watch some well-earned telly, rest up and look forward with confidence. How great to have all of that behind you. :happydance:
 
Day 3: some more good sleep overnight, but no daytime napping. Unfortunately our 7 year old got sick last night, so my wife is feeling a bit over-taxed with taking care of two of us and entertaining my dad (+working from home 2 days). I think it will be good for everyone to get back to life on Monday.

I think I will attempt my first shower either tonight or tomorrow AM. I am moving pretty good so far. I have heard from my case worker, but not from at home PT yet. Case worker told me to call her if I did not hear from PT yesterday. She says I should see them by the weekend. Last time it was almost the 2 week mark before PT came.

I have tried to time an energy burst each day when my girls get home from school so that I can help with homework. Yesterday it was needed. 7 year old was already grumpy because she did not feel good, so,she was being a royal pain in the #!!. I grabbed the 9 year old and we worked on all of her spelling, social studies and reading. It further cements in my mind that leaving my job in May is going to be the right decision for my family.

Trying to get ready to fight those moments that I know are on the horizon. The feelings of wanting to be useful, the desire to hit the fast-forward, the boredom, the depression when I think of return to work and all the other things that tend to creep into your brain when you have all of this down-time.
 
Wow....tough! Remember that your recovery is the most important thing right now. You will be back!

Always talk out those feelings here...you know you have support.
 
@gullimac I agree about wanting to be useful and wanting to hit the fast forward button. I am 2 weeks out from surgery and although my mind is all set to go my body says please rest. Try to enjoy this down time with your
Girls. They need you so much! I am sure your wife appreciates the time you put in helping with homework.

Try to think of it as a mini vacation! Put your feet up this weekend and enjoy a movie with the kids. They grow up so fast and they will remember that you spent time with them. Lucky girls!

Also remind your wonderful wife that you will be there for her when there is a time she needs this kind of attention! She probably already knows it!

Recovery is the most important thing! I agree,
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom